Turn signal switch help

-

GeorgeGerhard

Reaction score
Hello
I am rewiring the Dart in my spare time. I got the engine running two weeks ago, since then I have been away on business.
Today I installed the autometer gages crank it up and the voltmeter showed a steady 14 volts.
My question is the turn signal switch connector, has two green wires for the left front signal, and there are two tan wires for the right front.
I am trying to learn why there are two wires?
If you look at the photo there is a white wire with a connector, is that the one that connects to the brake light switch?

Also I had to install new sockets for the rear lights. I bought some sockets tht snap into a 3/4 inch hole. There is no ground wire, how are these grounded? The housing that they snap into is not metal.

Manny thanks
George G

SANY1437.jpg

SANY1438.jpg

SANY1439.jpg

SANY1440.jpg

SANY1441.jpg

SANY1442.jpg

The front parking/turn signals on my Demon have three wire bulb sockets. The third wire is a ground for the socket, those feed back into the harness and are attached to a central ground wire for the forward light harness. This central ground attaches to the radiator support.

I have not been able to find a socket with 3 wires and a 3/4 inch hole
I went to napa today, but they were not helpful

...My question is the turn signal switch connector, has two green wires for the left front signal, and there are two tan wires for the right front. I am trying to learn why there are two wires?
If you look at the photo there is a white wire with a connector, is that the one that connects to the brake light switch?

One light green wire goes to the turn signal indicator on the gauge cluster for the "left" turn signal, the second goes to the front left turn signal. Same for Tan wire (only right turn signal). Yes white wire goes to brake light switch. Black goes to the horn relay. Brown right rear turn signal. Dark Green left rear turn signal. Red goes to the turn signal flasher. Pink goes to the Hazard flasher.

You owe me a beer.

-
Back