Turn Signal Switch

-

Orionsax7

Reaction score
Anybody know the part number for a turn signal switch for a 1971 Dodge Demon? I could really use your help here. All the ones I find are for mid 70's and up and I work at a parts store!..Help!

Thanks,
Alex

its easy i have one in my tool box..
umm ill find out for you and let you know tomorrow when i go to my work(parts store aswell)

Cerwin

I didn't realize there was a difference between the early and late 70s "A"s..

superdart said:
I didn't realize there was a difference between the early and late 70s "A"s..

as far as i can remember there isnt. but no body knows what part store he works for either.. lol J/K Orion

hehe, no prob. We do have listings for them but none of the listings include 1971. Just wanna make sure it is the right one. I think it's 3488805. Is that correct?

Orionsax7 said:
hehe, no prob. We do have listings for them but none of the listings include 1971. Just wanna make sure it is the right one. I think it's 3488805. Is that correct?

yes i checked your right. that number crosses to 2 different numbers at napa. but its the right one. :blob:

This is one of those parts thatmay have several diifferent applications and a huge year span.
I know that I have pulled turnsignal switches from '85 Dodge pick-ups to use in '73 A bodies.
The wiring length might vary by application, but it all works and installs the same.

IIWM, I'd unhook your turnsignal wiring before taking the column apart, plug in the new one and test it beforehand.
It does not require a ground to work properly, since it's already in the wiring.

Testing the horn circuit is a matter of contacting the wheel/roller assembly to a ground.

Mark.

Mark Nixon said:
IIWM, I'd unhook your turnsignal wiring before taking the column apart, plug in the new one and test it beforehand.
It does not require a ground to work properly, since it's already in the wiring.
Mark.

Good idea, thanks all!

-
Back