TV repair anyone?

-

WildCat

Reaction score
Ok have a 50" Samsung plasma TV that I'd about 4-5 years old

In the last week noticed a thin black line across the top of the screen down about 5" from the top

Have googled it and found this to be a common problem with samsung sets

Some say they started with one then more appeared. Some claim Samsung is no help for those out of warranty and estimated 600-800 to repair (HELLO THAT IS NEW TV PRICE)

So is there any fix for this without price for new set?

Read that on some the ribbon cable on the back can be removed and reset might fix it. Any truth to this?

Or just wait till it gets worse and buy a new set, which will not be another samsung

Seen a 60" LED LG on sale in flier today for $699

But damn only last 5 years.

Thanks for looking

search the internet with the model number, I had a 46 inch go bad, there was a class action suit against Samsung, they had agreed to repair the models.

a local repair contacted me and schedule to come to the house and fix it...replaced two capacitors....still working today...6 yrs old

wow 5 years for a plasma tv is amazing!! They only have an expected life span of 2-3 years tops. So you have gotten your monies worth with that one! Now go by that 70 inch UHDTV you want! LOL!!

if you were in Wichita I could assist you in a repair shop-- A local computer repair place will work on newer Tv's & such also ,Lawrence

I had a single red line, one pixel wide and vertically 10 or 12 inches from the left side of my 52" Samsung LCD. This happened in the 11th month of the 1 year manufacturers warranty. They sent a local company to my house and they replaced the whole screen only keeping the shell/casing from the original TV. That was about 7 years ago and haven't had any problems since.

-
Back