**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Very nicely done. You've got a real eye for detail Louis. Something I strive for on my builds and I know full well the amount of time and effort you have put into this project. Keep it up your making fantastic progress.

Well the supplier for the new intake plenum just let me know I should have it by Jan 4th 2011.................hurry up and wait as usual!

bummer man. I tryed to order motor mounts today and found out tti is closed until the 3rd. So I feel your pain on the hurry up and wait

bummer man. I tryed to order motor mounts today and found out tti is closed until the 3rd. So I feel your pain on the hurry up and wait

The same thing happened with the custom grind camshaft that Brian at IMM is ordering for this thing..........Closed until the New Year!

I changed the 2 fuel rail fittings to 120* to bring the line away from the distributor and the water neck on the front fuel rail at the drivers side. The fittings for the 8an return line came so I put them on also. There is just enough clearance on the firewall for it! The water neck is on and I am fabricating the upper radiator hose. I need to pick up a piece of 1.5" hose at Napa to finish it off. The hose will snake around the top of the drivers side intake tube and around the bottom of the drivers side blow off valve, it is difficult now to try and keep it looking as clean because there is not much room left or choices where to put things!

View attachment IMG_2764.jpg

View attachment IMG_2765.jpg

View attachment IMG_2766.jpg

View attachment IMG_2767.jpg

View attachment IMG_2768.jpg

View attachment IMG_2769.jpg

View attachment IMG_2770.jpg

View attachment IMG_2771.jpg

Nice project! I also have a twin turbo Dodge Dart (318 Magnum). Electronic Injection "FUEL TECH (Brazilian), pump gas ....... 0.5 BAR pressure to work!! 535 HP @ 5700 RPM with 532 ft/lb @ 4400 RPM!! Send pics soon!!

Mopar - We Always Win!

OK here's the deal.....

YOUR INSANE!!!

but great job so far......

Ok, I am sick and therefore do not have the energy to read all 24 pages.:angry7:

I do have a question though. As far as heat, do you foresee any issues with excessive heating issues at the header flanges?

Feets had continual heat issues on his TT440 Belvedere. Even with 1/4" thick header flanges they still warped and leaked. His motor was an 8.5:1 440.
His layout was similar to yours but his headers faced up and forward in to the turbos.

Maddart I got to say I am impressed with what you have done here. I am sure the attention to detail you put into this is the same with the short block 402 I bought from you. I am excited to reap the benifits of the deal you gave me. Happy new year!

Ok, I am sick and therefore do not have the energy to read all 24 pages.:angry7:

I do have a question though. As far as heat, do you foresee any issues with excessive heating issues at the header flanges?

Feets had continual heat issues on his TT440 Belvedere. Even with 1/4" thick header flanges they still warped and leaked. His motor was an 8.5:1 440.
His layout was similar to yours but his headers faced up and forward in to the turbos.

That question came up way earlier in this thread, I will see if I can find it and update it here if I do.

I don't believe I will have any problems though. There was a member on here that used these same headers on a single turbo build with great results.

Did Feets use Meth Injection or any type of intercooler? I am curious as to how much BOOST he was throwing at it, do you know how much?

The headers will only see more heat than normal on Boost. Using Meth Injection that starts to spray at around 3-5lbs of boost and secondary nozzles kicking in above that should calm down the exhaust gas temperatures dramatically. AIS claims that Cylinder temperatures can be lowered by 250* or more by using meth injection which will keep the headers a lot cooler and should help with what you are talking about.

Maddart I got to say I am impressed with what you have done here. I am sure the attention to detail you put into this is the same with the short block 402 I bought from you. I am excited to reap the benifits of the deal you gave me. Happy new year!

That 402 is gunna get it done! Happy New Year to you also.

OK....now tear it all down and write the process complete with diagrams and lots of pictures for the record.

That is so sweet lookin.

Mop

OK....now tear it all down and write the process complete with diagrams and lots of pictures for the record.

That is so sweet lookin.

Mop

I need to build some new motor mounts first! I had to raise the engine up 1/4" so the solid motor mounts I have will not work.

I will go over everything before it comes out to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Looks great. I like the looks of that elbow better anyways.

I like it also........Thanks!

I had them put 7 NPT holes in the base. 6 -1/8" and 1-3/8" so I can keep the Tee's to a mininum. The 3/8" is for the Intake Air Temp Sensor and the 1/8" are for Boost/Vac lines. I still need to put 3 bungs for the METH Injection. 1 will go on the bottom of the Y before the Throttle Body and 1 will go in the piping right before the Intercoolers in each fender well. I will tap into the straight pipe that goes to the Intercoolers under the fender wells so you don't see them at all.

-
Back