Twister tail stripe

-

OUR-360

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking at replacing the tail stripe on my 71 Twister. Should it have the 'Dust cloud' as part of the tail stripe? Currently there is no dust cloud there just the plain tail stripes. I'd prefer it as correct as possible even though the fender tag says V8W and V9W for white stripes? I prefer the black.

Thanks in advance.
James

I believe this is what you need

Attachments

• $(KGrHqEOKogE4uDbgwyzBOYTEZ28yw~~60_58.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 121
I could be wrong , but that V8W is a misstamp , as the "8" is the same code for the so-called "Bumblebee" stripe (e.g. , the Swinger 340 , Dart GTS , Charger R/T , etc.) , whereas the V9W is *probably* the correct code .

Which plant was your Duster built in ; Hamtramck (B)or Los Angeles (E)?

Also, get in contact with fabo member " challengergary " he is the man to talk to when it comes to vehicle stripes and he has good prices and makes quality decals.

V8W is correct, tailpanel stripe, the other number is likely V6W, side stripe.

The tailpanel duster should have the cloud IIRC.

Thanks all, it's always good to check.

It rolled out of Hamtramck as a 318 car dressed in Sassy Grass Green. I've never really been a fan of green cars until this one came along. From what we know the paint was touched up sometime in the last seven or so years which is when I guess they changed the colour of the stripes and the tail panel decal deleting the dust cloud near the right tail light.

-
Back