Twistgrip's 69 F3 340 GTS Resto

-
Trunk floor replacement is finished!:cheers:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 618
Subscribed,
educate Me on the 'water blasting', just a pressure washer?, any chemicals used?
Thx.

It's actually dustless sand blasting. Uses high pressure water and sand together to strip the finish. Very abrasive and the water keeps the metal cool. You can mix a metal protectant with your water to leave a coating to keep it rust free for several days and allow time for clean up and primer application.

Used the torch on the last two rod bolts that were shrouded and finally removed the old crank. Next step is to drive pistons out and see how the bores look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 566
Finally...a bare block. Will soon make the trip to the machine shop for a hot-tank and inspection.:blob:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 514
Every war has an ugly aftermath. Nothing like working on precision equipment with giant hammers, punches, and cutting torches.:coffee2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 542
Now for some fun stuff, as I stated early in this post my plan is to recreate what was driven to school and cruised during weekends in 1977. Does anyone remember how cool it was to have these mounted in the back package tray? Yea, they are going in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 550
Still moving along some, working on dents and dings. Still have the right rear quarter panel to replace but wanting to make sure I can identify any other sheet metal it will need before ordering to only pay one truck freight fee.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 453
Working on spot rust areas. My Dart did not originally ship with a vinyl top but like a lot of late 60's early 70's cars had a dealer installed vinyl top. This means it had full paint under the vinyl that helped prevent large scale rust but it wasn't immune. Serious rust spots around back glass in the upper right and lower left areas required metal replacement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 423
One more major repair, right rear full quarter in transit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 442
Right rear quarter removed and ready for replacement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 382
Inner fender painted and ready for installation, F3 Frost Green Iridium. This factory color really pops in the sunlight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 390
wow , great job , i've got one just waiting for me , 340 four bolt main engine w/auto , air ps , pb , now factory disc . going to convert to a 4spd od . i bought my many moons ago , did the motor over , then is when i found the windage tray with the four bolt mains factory block . could it been a special order ? no fender tag or rear seat build sheet . and drums to stop with , that change happened right away . she is loaded with air , ps , ect... why four bolt mains ? back to yours , i dig it ! great job again , look forward to seeing her done .

1969VADart Thought I would follow along. I am partial to the 69 Dart, since I am just about finished with mine.

Wow, I'm impressed with that roof replacement. Question, did the J bolt bracket come with your replacement trunk or did you find one separate? I used the two piece trunk floor and it did not come with one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 375
wow , great job , i've got one just waiting for me , 340 four bolt main engine w/auto , air ps , pb , now factory disc . going to convert to a 4spd od . i bought my many moons ago , did the motor over , then is when i found the windage tray with the four bolt mains factory block . could it been a special order ? no fender tag or rear seat build sheet . and drums to stop with , that change happened right away . she is loaded with air , ps , ect... why four bolt mains ? back to yours , i dig it ! great job again , look forward to seeing her done .

Only four bolt main factory block I know of would be a "R" block sold by mopar performance for race engines. A stock block can be machined to accommodate 4 bolt main caps but I do not think they were ever factory. Disc brakes are a great upgrade, A/C also. I have a 60's vintage dealer installed airtemp underdash A/C unit that I plan to install. No fun in the south Louisiana summer without air.

nice work. cool car
Those speakers were in a lot of cars back in the day.

Wow, I'm impressed with that roof replacement. Question, did the J bolt bracket come with your replacement trunk or did you find one separate? I used the two piece trunk floor and it did not come with one.

You know, I don't have a good answer to that question. I bought the complete trunk pan to replace mine, and I suspect it did not come with the bracket much like it did not come with the tank strap mounts that are welded underneath. I think the bracket was repurposed from the old trunk floor that came out of the car. I actually have another spare tire well out in my garage with the bracket still mounted in it. I would be happy to cut it out and send it too you if you need it.

-
Back