two colors - need to decide NOW

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
71 Swinger, black vinyl top, black tail stripe, going with blacked out hood w/340 scoops/treatment. I have silver and orange sitting in front of me. Only problem I have with silver is it's seen everywhere on the street (not so much at shows though) Only problem I have with orange is - I'll definitely see it at the shows (eveb though it's not hemi or go mango). Also runnin Billet Specialty 16's and stance will be set up for handling. Anyway, it's time to spray or get off the pot!

I got about 15-20 responses over at Moparts and zero here on A-bodies, I thought it would be the other way around ! Anyway, I went silver and am having second thoughts. Glad I didn't go yellow though, I went to our local cruise-in last night and there were 4 Darts, one copper and three yellow/black top/black stripe !

The answer is in your post.
If you are going to be on the street: Orange.
If you are going to be part of the lawn chair crowd: Silver.

I like Orange/Yellow/Lime Green/Purple because people can see you coming.
“How could you not see my car and hit me"?

I like Orange/Yellow/Lime Green/Purple because people can see you coming.
“How could you not see my car and hit me"?

I agree with that. I had a dark green Challenger, it was hit 3 times. People said they didn't even see it. So I switched to bright colours. I repainted the Challenger to Green Go, nobody could miss it. Sorry I sold it though.

Never have been a cruise-in or car show kinda guy, I'd rather spend the 20-30 bucks at the swap meet than to enter to win a plastic trophy, sit around and answer the same questions over and over (I never got that, this is fun ?)I will drive it. Already shot the jambs and trunk silver yesterday and am having second thoughts. Guess I would just wait the proper time, scuff and re-shoot but trunk will be a royal pain. My own $&!@ fault I know, and I may study it a few days and it'll grow on me, we'll see.

My car is a driver too. I haven't taken it to any shows although I've been asked to. I will let people look if I'm stopped somewhere.

Take your time deciding, you've already started. Silver with black accents should look real good too.

I don't believe I've ever seen a silver Swinger. Take some pictures of what you have sprayed and let us see. There is various silver colors aren't there?

Stick with the silver, if it's gonna be driven silver stands up to road abuse well. If you take it to a mopar cruise in.....you will be in a crowd of loud colors with the orange.

Stick with the silver, if it's gonna be driven silver stands up to road abuse well. If you take it to a mopar cruise in.....you will be in a crowd of loud colors with the orange.

My original thoughts - I saw a silver Swinger (w/o vinyl top at the Garlits show here in FL two years ago and said "that's it!" I don't have the pictures to send on this PC but the car was in Mopar Muscle 12/05. I think I've been dwelling on it for so long is the problem. The color is Chrysler PS2 which is a titanium silver sorta look. Picture the metallic silver - black vinyl top -black bumblebee stripe and blacked out hood treatment w/twin scoops in silver or black - oh yeah, and Billet Specialty GTX 16" all four corners with a black chin spoiler and maybe a wing (undecided on that).
Should work, yes, lotsa silver cars on the road but this may look good (?)

i think it will look real good and refreshingly different. there was a silver swinger in mopar action??? about 2 years back. it looked great from what i remember. you will be glad you went that way. clear it a couple of times for some depth and shine and let it rip!!!

On thing you might consider if you are going to use the car in the real world.
I have found that I can’t touch up metallic colors like I can “solids”.
Chips look like crap when I try and dab some in them.
And I haven’t been able to “blend” in a big repair.
But metallic is pretty and yellow is a pain in the but to keep clean.
And as long as we are talking practical:
Brown is good because you never have to wash it.

I know you already laid some paint, but what about the Winchester Grey.. it's that silver with a hint of green in it.. Looks classy and astands out from the rest of the silvers out there

Grant

Yeah - the silver is down and I'm trying to chill and move on, i could scuff it and reshoot but prepping the trunk and all would be a major pain. I think it'll look good - may even be the only one I'll ever see in this color w/vinyl top so I'll be proud of that anyway - I'll post the pictures as soon as completed ....wimchester grey , hmmmmmm - there's always the next car!

Silver makes a good base for applying other colors too, or even some multi colored pin stripes....enjoy it!

I don't know if you would consider this grey or silver?

2.jpg

-
Back