Status
Not open for further replies.

440fury

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey Guys,

I am looking for old two-post stereos (with a cassette deck) to replace my Alpine 7156 I am currently trying to repair. Really looking for a true 80s aftermarket cassette deck, not the AM/FM that cam in the car originally. I have the alpine connector (3x3 square), so I have a strong preference to keep rolling with those head units.

I know that the retrosound exists. I know plenty of people say they are better now. I would rather cut holes in my dash for a single DIN then go down that road again.

As always, thank you for the help. This forum is a godsend.

I can't help but what is a "2 post" stereo?
adjustable-shaft-style-am-fm-car-stereo-radio.jpg

A shaft style radio - my bad on the nomenclature. Meant to go in the stock cutout of a 1974 Duster (among many other cars).

I actually have an Alpine that still works very well. I will have to look to see the model number but I will look and take a picture of it after work to see if it is what you want. I just hooked it up in my Duster for a temp until I got my new system.

shaft mount is the more common term. Oof, I tossed an Alpine shaft mount 6 months ago, no action on front buttons and belt was gone. Some Alpines were gear drive transports.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back