Two Product Reviews: Center console cup holder, and aluminum master cylinder.

-

cruiser

Reaction score
Hi Mopar bros and sis'. Now that I have some experience with both, I'd like to offer two product reviews that you may find helpful. First off is my Dr. Diff aluminum master cylinder. I installed it on my slant six power disc brake 1974 Duster fifteen months ago after I was unable to keep my original cast iron master cylinder from leaking. I'm very much into authenticity and I try to keep as many original components as possible. But even after a professional rebuild job, my original master cylinder would leak continuously from the cap. And yes, I tried all the remedies that you guys recommended on this site. None worked. After fifteen months with the Dr. Diff unit, I couldn't be happier. The new MC bolted right up to the vacuum booster with the supplied adapter and stops the car beautifully. The two reservoir caps both open into the same pool of brake fluid, and I've had no leakage whatsoever from the caps or any other parts of the MC. When I look at the fluid, it still looks like brand new brake oil right out of the bottle, not rusty brown and sludgy like every other Mopar that I've ever owned. This would make sense, as the plastic and aluminum Dr. Diff unit cannot corrode. No more brown sludge in my reservoir, and no leaks! So aside from the modern look in my vintage engine compartment, I have no reservations about this unit and can strongly recommend it. Just wish that I had installed it earlier than I did. Next is a six month review of my center console from Classic Consoles.com. I opted for the smaller console as my Duster isn't that wide, and I'm glad that I did. The color match is pretty good. Not perfect, but about as close as you can expect in a fifty year old car with its original upholstery. The lid opens toward the passenger side and has plenty of room for the small amount of stuff that I put in there. The cup holders will accommodate small cups and bottles, but not larger ones. Installation was fairly easy, but the strap that secures it to the seat bottom isn't that robust and the console slides around a little bit. I also noticed right away that the console interferes with tilting the driver or passenger seat backs forward when you want to get into the back seat. It doesn't allow the seat back to fully tilt forward. Loosening the mounting strap helps a bit, but don't expect to get a full forward tilt with these consoles. Otherwise, I have no complaints with it and it makes for a dandy arm rest on those long road trips. So there you have my two product reviews and no, I don't work for either of these companies. I hope this help. Please feel free to ad your comments below. Be well, all!

IMG_4099.JPG

IMG_4100.JPG

IMG_3213.JPG

Did you have to modify the brake pushrod because of the extra thickness of the adapter?
Yes, but very little. The dome shaped head of the pushrod is threaded into the shaft, which allows for some adjustability. I only had to adjust it by perhaps 1/8" to get the correct length. Very easy do, and it worked perfectly after the first (and only) adjustment.

-
Back