[FOR SALE] Two Rebuilt Carter AFB Carburetors Ready to Run (Not Edelbrock AVS)

-

Torqueflite

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I'm selling two rebuilt Carter AFB carburetors number 4299S that came factory on 1966 - 1967 automatic non-CAP 383, 426 wedge, and 440 engines according to one of my books and limited to 1967 383 and 440 according to another book. Both carburetors are rebuilt with high-quality parts including new step-up pistons, orange 5 in.Hg. springs, metering rods, primary and secondary jets, accelerator pump spring, ethanol-gasoline rated leather accelerator pump plunger, needles/seats, and gaskets. I ran both on an engine and drove for 20 miles through all stages of RPM range and load to confirm everything works properly. All the adjustments are set to factory specification. There are no vacuum leaks including around the throttle shafts. The base plates, bodies, and air horns are straight. Please note that the fasteners and brackets are painted silver and have not been replated. The choke pull-offs, thermal chokes, and inlet fittings are not included.

Asking $250 each plus shipping from Colorado. Please message me if you're interested in purchasing one or both.

Carburetor A:

The carburetor has been fitted with a choke lock-out bracket that can be removed.

Carburetor B:
When I got the carburetor, it had been converted to a mechanical choke with a custom bracket and cable end but can be returned to a thermal choke setup by removing the components.

afb1.jpg

afb2.jpg

afb4.jpg

afb5.jpg

afb7.jpg

1afb.jpg

2afb.jpg

4afb.jpg

5afb.jpg

7afb.jpg

-
Back