Types of paint to refresh my interior

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of restoring my 69 Barracuda interior and have a questioin on the types of paint to use to get the correct factory color and texture. I will be painting the inside doors above and below the door panels, the rear panel and glass trim as well as the dash. Both are black with the doors are gloss and the dash a mat textured finish.

What brand and type of paints do you recommend? Were the factory paints enamel or laquer?

Thanks

On my '68 'vert I used base/clear on the upper and lower doors. It was much nicer than factory but it sure looked good. Factory paint would have been single stage. It probably was actually a medium gloss so the sun wouldn't glare off of it. If you don't want 100% gloss you could add a little flattener. I've duplicated the matte finish on the dash using Dupont 'vinyl paint' as it can be mixed in low, medium, or high gloss. For that application I use the low gloss. The factory paint on those areas was actually laquer, I believe. You can use Dupont's 'vinyl paint' on metal as well as vinyl parts.
Dallas

-
Back