Typical cost of Radiator re-coring

-

chewy

Some old guy...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, as my radiator has to be repaired, I've gotten 2 quotes. One for $450 and one for $355 (discounted) (thru Doug Sneider's business (moparts of LV)). Both would be changing it to a 3 core and fixing the top pan/bucket, pressure test and paint.

I remember I had a quote on the same radiator about 5 years ago for $250.

Are these prices what you would expect?

I paid right around $300 last year in Akron, Ohio

$350 in Va in the last 2 months. I asked him not to paint since he usually shoots them with gloss black. Guy has been doing it for years and does really good work.

I just paid almost $400 to have mine converted from a two-core to a three-core, but they moved the port on the bottom so I could use the later model aluminum water pump. Pressure tested, painted, warranted. It was a bit to drop, but cheaper than trying to find a new one and I wanted to keep the bay stock looking while keeping one less rotting piece of junk laying around my garage.

Mine was just under $400, mine is a stock 66 rad, had the lower outlet moved for the newer pump, I had mine done in a high flow efficiency 2-core. My car dyno'd 300 RWHP and NEVER gets warm, wether its crusing the HWY ay 70 mph with 4.10 gears or in town rush hour traffic in 95 degree temps.

Chewy, Do you have to have a original 60's tank ? I just put a 80 Aspen rad in my 63 Valiant. New from Radiator Wearhouse in Vegas $174.00 You should be able to price around for under $200. The best part is with 4 small brackets, 2'' aluminum flat stock,3'' long I was able to use the factory mount points and it is larger, high efficiency and has trans cooler.Works great, almost too good but will sure be nice when it is 100+ this summer.
You must use a 80 upper hose because the inlet is a little smaller. Just a thought.

Hi Darter,

Yes, I'd prefer the original 4spd radiator that came with the car ( Part# 2524953). I could have gone with an aluminum bolt-in replacement easy enough for around $200. It's just when all the other Part numbers on the car are the original part, for me would seem off a bit to see an aspen radiator in it. (Original Block, Intake, Exhaust manifolds, carb, Dual Point, A833, etc. All part numbers & casting dates match).

I see your point. Just checking. P.S. I have done alot with Doug over the years, Good Guy.........

-
Back