U Bolts from a Dakota rear end working on an 8 3/4. Has anyone used this or heard of this.

-

mjmayhem

Reaction score
I believe I saw this on Slant six.org a while back. Has anyone used the Dakota rear axle U bolts on an 8 3/4 rear end? They supposedly have the flat spots at the top of the u bolt
for proper alignment of the axle.

I believe I saw this on Slant six.org a while back. Has anyone used the Dakota rear axle U bolts on an 8 3/4 rear end? They supposedly have the flat spots at the top of the u bolt
for proper alignment of the axle.
U-bolts don't care what they are on... if the axle is 3" diameter and the right length the ubolts will work... I bought new ones from mancini with the flat spot also.

That's not possible.. I wonder if you can go to the parts house and use universal ubolts in place.. Now if those fit report back with your finding's you sir are a genius.

Thank you Icetech for the advice on Macini Racing .I see they have the proper ones with the flat spot at the top of the u bolt. Thanks again.
No problem, i also didn't want the round ones, don't like the dent they leave..

That's not possible.. I wonder if you can go to the parts house and use universal ubolts in place.. Now if those fit report back with your finding's you sir are a genius.
They say the universal u bolts are round at the op where the bolt contacts the top of the axle tube. This will crush in the tube. That is why it is important to have the right u bolts. From what I have read.

As long as the Dak has a 8 1/4 or 9 1/4 rear, there's no reason they shouldn't work. Like Icetech said- the bolts don't care what they came off of, just so the tube diameter is correct. Just may be a little long, especially if coming off a 4x4. Beware the 4 cyl. Daks, they had 7 1/4 rears and the wrong axle tube diameter.

-
Back