u-joint pins

-

daredevil

Reaction score
Found a shaft to use in my car but theres little pins on the yoke and tube that look like set pins to keep the caps in. do these shear when you press the u joints out and if so where do you get new ones and what are they called?

Just press the u-joint out,yes they will sheer.When replacing the u-joints,they will come with C-clips to hold them in place.Good luck,it,s easy to do.

Found a shop today that will use my trans yoke and build me one out of .083 wall tubing with a new front and rear tube end, balanced,with spicer or dana 7290 joints for 250 plus tax. Best of all its 2 buildings down from my shop so no shipping

another damn glitch. the other 489 case i pulled with a big yoke has a different size nut than my small yoke 489. i,m afraid its not gonna have the same spline count. i dont have a big enough socket to pull the small yoke. it looks to be an inch and 3/8.how strong are the conversion joints 7260 to 7290. Are they strong enough to stand up to 2500 rpm launches on 9 inch slicks in a 3500 pound car. Or do i need to bite the bullet and get a 7290 yoke?

-
Back