U.S.P.S. sometimes I wonder

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
cut some fender apron patches for a member today the two of them fit in the large flat rate shipping box for board games like 20 some bucks to ship, just to get an idea of what things cost I asked how much would it be to ship priority instead of in the flat rate box......SHOCKER!!!! over ten bucks less, had to go home and repackage but it was worth it

duck tape over the flat rate markings and no need to repackage it

That makes no sense. But it doesn't surprise me. They probably just take advantage of people by them assuming flat rate would be cheaper, as it makes it sound.

By the way, Welcome back Wags, good to see you here!

This past week I bought a flex plate over on FBBO, I'm in Tx he was in Missouri. Put the money order a flat rate priority envelope which is 3-4 day delivery. Saturday ( the 4th day) I look at the tracking expecting it to be out for delivery....the damn thing was in Santa Clara Ca!
I called USPS to find out what the hell happened, they could not offer any explanation other than the sorti g center might have had some issues like weather and if it needed guaranteed I should have sent it Priority. Hell I though I did @ $9...??? I could have sent it regular mail and had it there in 4 days....
No wonder they lose money when they send a package 4000 miles out of Its way...

That makes no sense. But it doesn't surprise me. They probably just take advantage of people by them assuming flat rate would be cheaper, as it makes it sound.

By the way, Welcome back Wags, good to see you here!
thanks, I'm just trying to keep myself busy, maybe keep from going crazy?

Shipping anything now is a screw job. We did it to ourselves with using E-Commerce. The players in the game have patiently waited for what has happened..... This is exactly why I have thrown away so much stuff in the last few months.

I had a 15.00 part overnighted last week for a machine and the shipping was 50.00. That right there just about sums it up...

JW

orderd a 4oz bottle of cab air deodorizer like my dad always used from iowa80 t/s n chrome shop for 5.95, dang shipping was 18 bucks 2 weeks to get to nc!! pay more for shipping than it cost just blew my mind, but i remember years ago lol'in at folks talking bout how one day we all be payin as much for bottle of water as a cokeacola,..people as a hole are dumb...

The flat rate boxes and padded bags are good for heavy items though, that's when I use them.

I take the boxes home to have handy, and keep them with my other shipping boxes and bubble pack. I use them where it makes sense. Heavy items in a small package is where the bang for the buck is when going flat rate otherwise it makes sense to ship it the other way.

I am on a GMT400 truck forum. I bought a pair of NOS chevy 1500 door emblems. The flat rate box the guy was gonna use that they fit in without bending was gonna cost $15.00 I asked him to please place the emblems in a mailer tube and get me a price that way. Total cost was $1.75

I shipped a bunch of aviation sheetmetal tools once, tungsten steel bucking bars, drill bits, clecos in a med flat rate box. Packed it up tight. Used all the space. Put their flat rate to the test lol. Had to use duct tape to reinforce the box. About 40 lbs o **** in an $8.00 flat rate box so yeah i got em back lol.

I take the boxes home to have handy, and keep them with my other shipping boxes and bubble pack. I use them where it makes sense. Heavy items in a small package is where the bang for the buck is when going flat rate otherwise it makes sense to ship it the other way.

I am on a GMT400 truck forum. I bought a pair of NOS chevy 1500 door emblems. The flat rate box the guy was gonna use that they fit in without bending was gonna cost $15.00 I asked him to please place the emblems in a mailer tube and get me a price that way. Total cost was $1.75

I shipped a bunch of aviation sheetmetal tools once, tungsten steel bucking bars, drill bits, clecos in a med flat rate box. Packed it up tight. Used all the space. Put their flat rate to the test lol. Had to use duct tape to reinforce the box. About 40 lbs o **** in an $8.00 flat rate box so yeah i got em back lol.
Who needs piper cub airplane parts I have half a ton of that stuff

I have enough to build the complet tail section and about ten foot of fuselage was thinking cover and paint and assemble and weld bracket to bolt to the roof or wall of my shop how cool would that be :) plus instruments and cables and foot pedals and all kinds of small parts

I have enough to build the complet tail section and about ten foot of fuselage was thinking cover and paint and assemble and weld bracket to bolt to the roof or wall of my shop how cool would that be :) plus instruments and cables and foot pedals and all kinds of small parts

put your coffee maker on the tailwings and your all set

USPS has priority AND Flat Rate boxes - they are NOT the same, not even the same size.
At the actual post office they only have flat rate which the medium & large sizes get pricey to send.
Just order some priority boxes and they will send them for free.
And make sure you don't get charged flat rate as they are not used to seeing normal priority boxes.

You can make it stick out of the side of your house or out of your garage like the plane crashed into it and now all you can see is the tail section. :)

thank you, haven't played with the cars since mom passed, she used to come hang out while I worked on them and pat fogal would come visit and dad, and then my world is upside down again and You guys are here to keep me company and give me purpose? cant even spell right anymore I know I spelled that wrong and cant think what the proper spelling is, I miss Mary and Dodger and Bruce and Hammy and my Mom and Dad

Recently shipped 15 pounds in a Large Flat Rate box. If I had used my own box would have been close to double. Go figure...

FYI....USPS has a contract with FedEx. FedEx flies all of the USPS mail. Priority and Parcel Post are handled the same, or were when I was employed there. I recently asked a friend in Phoenix, he said nothing has changed. Both Priority and Parcel Post are tossed into the same FedEx pod, they are not handled separately. Window clerk may tell you that Parcel Post wI'll take longer than Priority....most of the time it wont....

-
Back