Uh, excuse me, is that a driveshaft in your pocket?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Because this sure as HELL is not a 17K worth of much of anything LMAO

" Need to fix head light and tail light wiring"

REALLY?? You sure that's it??

http://pullman.craigslist.org/cto/5188058467.html

1933 plymouth coupe rat rod - $17000 (princeton id)

4 new tires, runs good. 327 v8. All new brakes. Need to fix head light and tail light wiring. steven

00k0k_4GB7HmfkPW2_600x450.jpg

00f0f_eDvm8Fsrv9e_600x450.jpg

00v0v_4WHMXnfCx5g_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_jbRrxWfu7ej_600x450.jpg

00t0t_bAruCI2Nek_600x450.jpg

Good grief, he has one for every day of the week. the blown coupe in the background is a hemi

00N0N_6Kl1GfmCWxZ_600x450.jpg

A wooden floor and sheetrock interior. What a hunk of sheott .

Rat rods, AKA Junk rods.
Not worth the time put into them.

I think the car looks awesome but it is as practical as using S**t as toothpaste. One slip of your arm while driving and it will be a bad day.

That guys definitely all about ratrods. The old buildings even fit the role.
I have always liked the 33 Plymouth coupes, his looks cool just needs
finished.
Someone will give him his price someday. Coupe's from 33 and 34 carry strong prices regardless of manufacturer.
Looks like a fun place to see in person. But I've always enjoyed walking the junkyards
wishing I could save a few.

When they are built with safety in mind they are not bad.
I know from experience that they are waaaay funner to build and show that they are to drive.....this one is just a death rod....way expensive one at that.

Attachments

• 100_2548.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 206
You sure wouldn't want to wear loose clothing around that driveshaft.
Just the thought of getting a shirt tail caught up in that thing makes me cringe.

You sure wouldn't want to wear loose clothing around that driveshaft.
Just the thought of getting a shirt tail caught up in that thing makes me cringe.

Me too, I lost a good friend that way. He always wore a shirt with the tails hanging out, and got caught up on a turning PTO shaft on the back of a tractor.

That seems to be a recurring idea in rat rods.....to expose the transmission and drive shaft. I have a friend who has a rat rod truck and all he has over the transmission and drive shaft is expanded metal. "MINE" will not be like that. That's an idea that I do NOT like. LOL

And a truck tranny!
I used to rebuild those back in the 70s. Barely adequate in their day, behind low-rpm gas-engines. And I imagine horrible gearing, for a 327V8.
Good behind electric stationary engines.

-
Back