Uh Oh !! Bad knocking !!

-
Well, I am sure you are aware MP DID make some HD factory style rockers with the pushrod dimple beefed up. But they are difficult to find now.[/QUOT

Yup. 1982 after an Ozzy concert. Poked several Pushrods through the holes and snapped one off at the shaft. I bought Isky's the next morning and NEVER tried to use those junkers again. Several other guys tried them with my luck. The DC pieces were heavier. But they still have issues. Like I said, 145 on the seat and 6800 RPM would kill them pretty quick.

I love the old Isky rockers. They are really nice.......even used they are great pieces.

OK, so I went on Summit and got me some new rockers (also got me some new bolts via that Mancini set). For now, I just want to continue to use the stamped rockers (inexpensive), but I noticed that Summit carried two versions--a Sealed Power (Federal Mogul) item R-862 for $4.99, and a MOPAR item P4529474 for $10.97. I bought a left and a right of each. Also got me new pushrods from Comp. I'd like to hear opinions about which rockers to use. I'm only going to replace the failed one and its intake partner for now. So, based on the photos and what you know, would you use the Sealed Power ones or the MOPAR ones?? The MOPAR is the darker rocker. Look at the size of that oil hole in the cup!

Here's the photos:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well, I am sure you are aware MP DID make some HD factory style rockers with the pushrod dimple beefed up. But they are difficult to find now.

A buddy of mine went through those too, not much cam. A MP 508 hydraulic that only turned 5400.

I would have went with the Seal Power and save money. Since your not going with adjustables.

Ok, folks. I thought it was past time for an update. First off, just in case, I ordered me some Comp pushrods Before going in for the repair. And it's a good thing I did--the old one was toast.

It took me all of 35 minutes from start to finish. I used the MOPAR Performance rockers--replaced the exhaust and the intake on no. 1 (it was the exhaust rocker that failed but figured I'd replace in a pair). Replaced both pushrods. The pushrod on the failed rocker was deformed so badly I could not separate it from the rocker. Based on a visual, the lifter and lifter cup looked a-ok so I left it as it was.

I'd say I was a pretty lucky s.o.b. Man, did that thing make a racket!! I saw $$$ in my eyes and a summer of no ride. Now she runs like a top (although I must admit to running a little soft since the fix, but that'll only last a few hundred miles ...).

I'm surprised at how common an occurrence this seems to be ...

THANKS TO ALL THAT OFFERED OPINIONS, ADVICE, AND SUPPORT. It's really nice to have a place to go for help.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Glad to hear she's up and running. Yeah you'll baby her for a while,then all of a sudden you'll have foot drop on the go pedal.

-
Back