UK warning

-

72demon

Reaction score
I have been trying to buy some parts off of a guy in the UK he seemed to be on the up and up but now I am wondering. if he isnt ripping me off he says he's not buttttt every time I ask him about the parts he wants more money. I have stopped and told him to send my money back. I told him in the USA when we quote somebody a price that is what it is including shipping I let it slide once but he want's some more something about tarriffs and holding fees. I don't know anything shipping in the UK but my comment was to him he should have known all that before he quoted me. So beware I know i wont again and ill probably end up loosing 500 bucks dumb me Oh by the way his name is Daniel Leclair he showed pict of a 72 Demon parting out :bootysha:

YES ! BE CAREFUL !

There are alot of scammers coming from the UK. I am sure there are legit ones too but I have read many articles on people ripped off by scammers from the UK over cars and car parts.

-RPM

Hate to tell you but he's yanking your chain man. My Mom lives in England and we've sent stuff back and forth and never had that problem. This guys obviously a scammer. Like RPM said their all over. They try to use terms were not familiar with to sound like it's legit.

When ever I've had something shipped from the UK it has been really cheap in comparison to some other countries. Cheaper that Canada even though their right next door to us.

Thats what I thought it started smelling fishy so i checked the address he gave me and the address was one place and the post code was another oh well I turned it over to the feds we will see what they can do

If he claims that he needs to charge you VAT, tell him that sales to the US are VAT exempt.

If he keeps asking for more and more, it's a common scam. People will sell something cheap, and then ask for more and more, supposedly dealing with shipping and customs issues.

Surley the parts you need can be found in the U.S.A. Nothing is better than home grown tomatoes.

Barracudadaveb67 AkA Dave C.

yup i knew better but I thought i would give it a try it was exspensive lesson but i am trying to get it back but i am not holding my breath

How did you pay him?

Paypal will go after him for non delivery of goods...Your credit card company may do something too.

Tear him a new asshole.

I hope not but it's looking like I might have gotten burned too. But on a e-bay deal. I won the bid for a new stroker crank over 2 weeks ago. Took him 4 days to get me the total with shipping and I paid him that very day which was a week ago Monday. He hasn't returned 3 messages and I still don't have the crank. He only lives about 200 miles from me so it should be here by now.

I hope not but it's looking like I might have gotten burned too. But on a e-bay deal. I won the bid for a new stroker crank over 2 weeks ago. Took him 4 days to get me the total with shipping and I paid him that very day which was a week ago Monday. He hasn't returned 3 messages and I still don't have the crank. He only lives about 200 miles from me so it should be here by now.

I foresee a roadtrip with a few of your larger friends.

Me and GTX are on the same track. 200 miles = 1 road trip...unanounced. Let him know he don't jack with the FABO bunch. Tell him he don't want your people to call him. Fishy, i see your in Ill. Where is he located? Is he nearer to me than you. I need a bike ride. Let me know.

Thanks guys. Believe me that thought did cross my mind but being a church board member it wouldn't look good to make the police beat. Even though he's in the wrong I'd probably be the unlucky one to get hammered by the cops.

Smallblock unfortunately he's the opposite direction. Just over the Indiana border. The problem is I can't find any info on him. E-bay has got things all screwed up with their new rules. They used to post the sellers name and phone number now they don't anymore. Looks like I'm going to have to file a dispute to get anywhere.

Daniel leclair is the name of a guy who was tring to buy my El camino ALWAYS FISHY E MAILS ! I finally told him to call me no more e mails and he never called me

no kidding was he in the USA i would love to find him. Hey what is the guys name in Indiana I live in Sb north west Indiana ill make short road trip

Hey what is the guys name in Indiana I live in Sb north west Indiana ill make short road trip

Thanks for the offer but it appears the problems been solved. I guess I jumped the gun with what I posted but after sending him multiple messages and not hearing anything out of him for 10 days after I sent the payment I just thought he was a swindler. I got his phone # from e-bay and called him yesterday. Didn't get him but his wife took my number and he called back today and apologized and said his computer got hit by lightening and he's been working 12 hr. days so he didn't have a chance to go anywhere else to use a computer. Said he'll ship it tomorrow. I wish you the same luck cause I know your a good guy to deal with since i bought the spider gears from you and you took care of me.

-
Back