Ultra rare slicks!!

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
Decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on some slicks tonight. I saw a lot of guys running 26x9x15 so I figured I would order a set of Hoosier qtp. Everyone pair I see though only comes in 9.5? Is this what most guys really run or did they stop making a nine inch slick?

Post removed. Sorry, i spoke about the treaded Quick time tires, not the Qt pro's.

doogie, first off, the qtp's are not actually drag slicks. They are soft compound tires that are DOT approved. And, the size you're looking at are a 9.5 section width, but are closer to a 8" contact pattern. I will add though that they are very good tires for there intended purpose.

I respectfully disagree. Hoosier QTP's have the same bias ply carcus as their slicks, same compound, the only real difference is they have 2 little grooves in them so they can get the DOT stamp of approval...but they are not actually made for street use and they are not actually street legal (if you have a cop being a Richard Cranium they can give you a ticket for driving on the street with them), they are designed for race classes that require a DOT approved tire. Now the MT drag radial, that is an actual DOT approved and street legal tire (deep water channels, steel belted and everything).

I personally have never compared the QTP to a regular slick on the track, but I have a friend that has and he saw no difference in ET with his car (high to mid 6's in the 8th mile).

Thank you for correcting me flyfish. I confused the treaded Quick time tires with the Pro's :banghead:.

-
Back