Under Dash Wiring (72 Duster)

-

Divenut

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

The wiring on my 72 Duster was butchered by a previous owner, bundles cut, wires hanging but not connected to anything and all that good stuff. Been slowly but surely getting the wiring sorted out. Got all lights & hazards working and got her running great. But have been unable to get the turn signals working. From the look of the schematics, and reading another posted on FABO, it appears that the directional flasher and associated wiring was hacked out.

Big favor....can anyone provide a picture(s) of the wiring for the directional flasher for my reference? Have not seen another Duster in my area to look at first hand :banghead:

Thanks on advance....

Pat

Mymopar.com is a good site for the wire diagram. And I would google Duster wire harness and click images. That might help?

Maybe this test will help you rule out a bad signal switch in the column.

Column%20Wiring.jpg

Thanks all of you. Much appreciated.

My challenge is that a lot of the original wiring is missing, cut or otherwise bastardized. Based on the schematics, it looks like the signal flasher was cut out at some point. I see many cut wires coming off the under dash loom/bundle, just not sure which of them actually lead to the signal switch on the column. :violent1: Guessing I'll end up chase them down one at a time until if find the right ones, then connect a new signal flasher...I guess that's the kind off stuff that makes it a project right?

naji408 = Good idea, will do some image searching tonight.

70Duster440 = Thanks for the testing instructions, will try it if/when I fgure out how to wire in a new signal flasher.

67Dart273 = Absolutely! That link has proven invaulable to my progress on the project in the short time I have had it. Thanks again.

Have a good night guys,
Pat

-
Back