Under dash wiring connectors

-

jameskernz

duster Man
Reaction score
Where can I get some good under dash wiring connectors (Pig tails) The Plugs I currently have are not good, keep losing the connection with my current old plugs. What a pain, looking for the one with the poor connection...
Any help would be appreciated..

If the plastic housings are OK you can buy the terminals.

It is a PITA, but I've used a .22 bore brush, a Dremel tool with a wire brush, contact cleaner, and a jeweler's screw driver to clean up an underdash wiring harness. Also cleaned up the big plug in the firewall that it all plugs into.

I found it easier to remove the harness to do the work. Besides that it also made it easier to "ring out" the harness and make sure there were no breaks or "cross-talk" between the wires. FWIW: It took me three weekends working up to 7 hours a day.

You didn't tell us the year & model of your car. Most connectors are termed variously "56 terminal", "Packard 56", or "GM/Mopar connectors". Google and ebay for more info. If the plastic is good, you should be able to clean and bend the metal contacts to get good, solid connections. I then smear silicone di-electric grease on them. The unique connectors are the ones for the bulkhead, starter switch, wiper, headlight, and column. You generally must rob a junkyard car for those.

-
Back