Under hood paint

-
For the same reason some people start threads about known points of contention within the Mopar ranks: So they can mess with people and sit back and watch the fur fly.
Next up: painting the area behind your grille flat black and not body color...
But that at least has been proven to have been done by the factory......even if it was hit and miss.

The engine compartment in my dart almost ended up flat black 18 years ago. Then I decided to suck it up and learn to use a paint gun. So it ended up glass black instead. Mainly cause I had no idea what color I was going to paint the car. So I would say those 2 things are why they end up like they do. That being said buy a cheap paint gun and use it! I could update it to body color but I like the contrast.

7B80A160-248F-4029-8BF9-FF49986479AE.jpeg

Body color does show when the back of the chrysler ignition module melts a little better.

I was just wondering why some paint their engine compartment black, didn't mean to ruffle feathers.
Rather than asking with that keyboard why don't you go to a few car shows and ask when you see what doesn't fit your agenda... your just trying to be the usual *** you are....

My car, my way. Oh, and I can go take pics of the underhood of my car without waiting...... grow up!

JW

Rather than asking with that keyboard why don't you go to a few car shows and ask when you see what doesn't fit your agenda... your just trying to be the usual *** you are....

My car, my way. Oh, and I can go take pics of the underhood of my car without waiting...... grow up!

JW
Kiss off

For the same reason some people start threads about known points of contention within the Mopar ranks: So they can mess with people and sit back and watch the fur fly.
Next up: painting the area behind your grille flat black and not body color...
That's part of the engine compartment as well

The engine compartment in my dart almost ended up flat black 18 years ago. Then I decided to suck it up and learn to use a paint gun. So it ended up glass black instead. Mainly cause I had no idea what color I was going to paint the car. So I would say those 2 things are why they end up like they do. That being said buy a cheap paint gun and use it! I could update it to body color but I like the contrast.

View attachment 1716004825
That looks awesome, tastefully done. Attention to detail.

Dan, just a thought worth considering.
You as of yet haven't bought your car, which is fine, your looking, inquiring and hopefully you find what you want soon
Ive joined car forums when I didn't have that particular car because I was looking and the advise you get is great and you can connected to some great deals, people and such.
However posting what you like and dont like and being specific as far as our cars can put off a lot of people.
Would you go to a car show or cruise in and coming across a Mopar preside to tell the owner how shitty his car looks because his engine bay is painted black? Meanwhile you dont even own a car to show
Its no different here and take it form someone who speaks his mind does not care who has a problem with that, the one thing I dont do is knock anybodies ride
Got it.....

Wait, the OP doesn't own a Mopar? Hell, I'd rather own an A-body with a black engine bay than not own one at all.

Says he has one on the way lol.... That was my point. You have no skin in the game and yet you question how someone wants their ride to look or can afford..... A couple of rattle cans for a kid trying to put his budget ride together won't change how it runs.... But it will change where he can put money into the car at!

JW

My old rule of thumb. I never consider telling anyone IN PERSON, like a stranger at a show, their car is wrong, ugly, sucks, no matter if that is my opinion. They did not ask my opinion! I will even tell a little lie, and say it is cool, whatever. Manners. If in a discussion (DISCUSSION) on the computer about a certain subject, then I want to tactfully give my opinion and as to why also. (OK sometime I lack tack.) Thats discussing. ie. Why does a black engine compartment raise a red flag on a sixties Mopar? Because it is generally considered a Chevy thing you do with Chevies. Not Mopar in general. OK so Sox and Martin painted some race car eng bays black!! Does it make a chit to me if anyone does such? No. Its their car and their business. DISCUSSING.

Someone drops an LS engin in their 70 Duster. Thats their choice and business. I careless. I appreciate the hotrod part that made it work. Personally I would buy it IF for sale and I wanted a 70 Duster, BUT I would price it without that engine. Just me.bc/.

While back, maybe on FBBO guys were discussing painting the bottom of their car with high end bc/cc. Then the discussion goes to undercoat. So like anything, opinions. Facts. Factory dipped the cars in primer, and only paint that got to the bottom was some that made its way under as they sprayed the rockers, etc. Then someone says, he wants the bottom as shiney as the top. Then the next guy says, yes he did that to his and now he won't drive it, too nice! One guys is a purist the other guy is anal! LOL Then the argument about undercoat!!! LOL

Amazing this old Mopar hobby is!! :steering::thumbsup:

:steering::steering:

I've noticed that a lot of guys paint the engine compartment of their cars a flat black which I think looks terrible. They come from the factory painted body color, why ruin the looks of the engine compartment by painting it black.

usually because they are too cheap to do it properly..

Dan, just a thought worth considering.
You as of yet haven't bought your car, which is fine, your looking, inquiring and hopefully you find what you want soon
Ive joined car forums when I didn't have that particular car because I was looking and the advise you get is great and you can connected to some great deals, people and such.
However posting what you like and dont like and being specific as far as our cars can put off a lot of people.
Would you go to a car show or cruise in and coming across a Mopar preside to tell the owner how shitty his car looks because his engine bay is painted black? Meanwhile you dont even own a car to show
Its no different here and take it form someone who speaks his mind does not care who has a problem with that, the one thing I dont do is knock anybodies ride
Got it.....
I think that this was totally taken the wrong way. I was really curious as to why some guys paint their engine compartment flat black, I wouldn't just tell someone that it looks bad unless they ask me what I thought.

Wait, the OP doesn't own a Mopar? Hell, I'd rather own an A-body with a black engine bay than not own one at all.

The OP is just trolling, like he has been for months. He doesn't own a Mopar. His first deal was posting every few months about how he couldn't find any good Mopars to buy, except of course he had a very specific list of things he wanted, which included a nicer car than what his budget would allow and he basically wouldn't travel. People even posted A-bodies for sale in his area multiple times trying to help him out...

NO CLASSIC CARS

Where are the a bodies going

A bodies

No Decent A Bodies

Then a month or so ago he posted a bunch of stuff about how he bought this '72 Swinger, asking all these questions about a car he didn't have yet. And low and behold, that "fell through".

So now he has some other car "on the way", but I wouldn't hold my breath.

But in the meantime, he likes to make trolling posts about controversial topics, or just anything he can whine about in general. The cost of living, how much a dentist costs, cell phones, vaguely political stuff that ends up getting moved to N&P or deleted altogether, and of course any Mopar topic he knows will stir people up, like this thread. Because anyone that's been here more than 5 minutes knows that painting a mopar engine compartment black is a cardinal sin and will strike up a heated debate in short order.

493.jpg

I think that this was totally taken the wrong way. I was really curious as to why some guys paint their engine compartment flat black, I wouldn't just tell someone that it looks bad unless they ask me what I thought.

Yeah right! :rofl:

So you're trying to tell us that you literally don't comprehend that spray bombing an engine compartment flat black is many hundreds of dollars cheaper than buying paint that's been mixed to the correct Mopar formula or color matched to the existing paint? Because that should be ridiculously obvious.

How else could it be taken? You need a explanation as to why somebody paints their engine compartment black?
Maybe driving the car with body as is, did a rebuild on the engine and wanted to clean up the engine bay.
Who cares.....Enjoy the hobby, make friends, interact, find your own car you've been wanting and keep your knocking someones car to yourself would be a great start
You made a statement that it looks Quote "terrible", do not wonder why some guys call you out
Trying to help you here

Guys have critiqued my car at cruz nite and some are quite bold and determined to tell me why it's not correct. I usually say "You know, a lot got guys say that, I think i'll change that this winter"
They leave quite happy they showed me where I went wrong.
That kind of thing has never bothered me but i have sure seen some heated arguments and guys get upset if something is said about their car!

Guys have critiqued my car at cruz nite and some are quite bold and determined to tell me why it's not correct. I usually say "You know, a lot got guys say that, I think i'll change that this winter"
They leave quite happy they showed me where I went wrong.
That kind of thing has never bothered me but i have sure seen some heated arguments and guys get upset if something is said about their car!
Or pull the registration out of the glove compartment and show them you don't see their name on there.

The OP is just trolling, like he has been for months. He doesn't own a Mopar. His first deal was posting every few months about how he couldn't find any good Mopars to buy, except of course he had a very specific list of things he wanted, which included a nicer car than what his budget would allow and he basically wouldn't travel. People even posted A-bodies for sale in his area multiple times trying to help him out...

NO CLASSIC CARS

A bodies

No Decent A Bodies

Then a month or so ago he posted a bunch of stuff about how he bought this '72 Swinger, asking all these questions about a car he didn't have yet. And low and behold, that "fell through".

But in the meantime, he likes to make trolling posts about controversial topics, or just anything he can whine about in general. The cost of living, how much a dentist costs, cell phones, vaguely political stuff that ends up getting moved to N&P or deleted altogether, and of course any Mopar topic he knows will stir people up, like this thread. Because anyone that's been here more than 5 minutes knows that painting a mopar engine compartment black is a cardinal sin and will strike up a heated debate in short order.

View attachment 1716005090

So you're trying to tell us that you literally don't comprehend that spray bombing an engine compartment flat black is many hundreds of dollars cheaper than buying paint that's been mixed to the correct Mopar formula or color matched to the existing paint? Because that should be ridiculously obvious.
I'll make you a

NO CLASSIC CARS

A bodies

No Decent A Bodies

Some did post on cars for sale and they were race cars or a project car.

NO CLASSIC CARS

A bodies

No Decent A Bodies

I hope to be as perfect as you are, don't make any mistakes, never question anything, ever decision is made effortlessly.

View attachment 1716004825
I like how the red and black contrast, yet compliment each other so well. Looks very nice!

-
Back