unfinished cars at shows

-

Otateral

Reaction score
What's the etiquette for this? Would love to bring my Valiant to mopar alley here in fremont, ca. It runs and drives we'll after the recent rebuild. But it's rattle canned with black primer, and certainly not a show car. Would I get funny looks or is this something you see often at shows?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZwD1o8BCvQ"]Rebuilt slant six 2bbl HEI Flowmaster 40 - YouTube[/ame]

I used to bring my 65 Satellite to shows all the time. I sold it to my kid. He brings it to car shows all the time. I just think you need to go out and have fun with it! Go to the shows, I wouldn't snub ya! Your car sounds great too!

Attachments

• sc006356b1_detail.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 804
Our local car show even has a display only entry. Show it if you're proud of it!

Take it and enjoy it.. After all I don't think anyone ever finishes their car completely..

I aake my wagon all the time it is won that I have fun with and really dont care what others say about it

Attachments

• primer wagon 1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 764
That sounds good! I would cruise it,show it off. Nice choice, camwise.That cam,sounds like the old Chev350/327 grind.Good stuff.

Seen plenty of "projects under way" at the shows up here in Eastern Washington.....Hell I am jealous......wish I had a running driving car.....

Show it. My wife shows here 73 4 door. It's nothing special, just clean and green. Her car gets more attention and nice comments than many of the high dollar trailer queens.

It's great when some douche bag with a 90k+ E-Body Cuda gets all but hurt because people are checking out her clean 73.

Ah refreshing. I thought this was gonna be a post against unfinished cars. Pheww, got upset over nothing while the page loaded. Lol. Drive it and show it with pride!

I once took my 68 Dart convertible with a fresh Vitamin C paint job and a 440 stuffed under the hood to a local "people's choice" Mopar Show. Of course, they put me in the "A body modified" class because of the engine swap.

They parked me beside this primered up 67 Valiant with torn seats, but when he opened the hood, he had this built 225 with twin WEBER CARBS, headers and dual exhausts! When he started it up, people crowded around and actually leaned on my fresh paint to see his car!

He won best of that class that day and I went home with no trophy saying WTF????

Got the Signet vert out yesterday, blew the dust off, put down whats left of the top, snapped on the boot and headed for the Norwin Hills Saturday night cruise. Shes unrestored with some rust that I have the sheet metal to deal with after I finish my Black Barracuda, repaint the Signet hradtop and swap in the built 225 and get the post car ready as my daily driver. There was anything there from a new Roush 427R Mustang to a ratty old Chevy halfton with an airlift so high in the rear that the front bumper was hitting the ground and the kid was hanging on the steering wheel to keep from sliding under the dash!!! It was also gray primer. LMAO x2 with other comments - drive it and be proud of it. I only saw 1 other A-Body there.

I will possibly be bringing my 68 fastback and show it in the "under construction" class...not sure yet...

Sign in window-under construction. Went to a show down here, they had a seperate trophy for that class.

People just want to see the old cars; unless you go to some shows. Good looking 65 b body hemis there. A kid with a 1 year old car, that had a stereo in it won 1st prize.

Bunch of people never going back to that church show.

Take it and show it! Enjoy the car. My wife and I took the Dart to shows every year before her final body and paint project happened. I loved taking the car as a work in progress. It led to many great conversations about future plans for the car, and I received lots of great advice and ideas for the car along the way. Drive the wheels off of it. And show it with pride

What's the etiquette for this? Would love to bring my Valiant to mopar alley here in fremont, ca. It runs and drives we'll after the recent rebuild. But it's rattle canned with black primer, and certainly not a show car. Would I get funny looks or is this something you see often at shows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZwD1o8BCvQ

We get them at Spring Fling all the time. Primered Darts parked next to full tilt resto Hemi Chargers.

I'm pretty sure I've seen pics of Mopar Alley shows with cars in all sorts of level of progress and condition.

If you go into worrying about one person out of 100 looking at it funny, then you might feel miffed. But cars shows are public event that any ding dong can attend. People make comment about restored Hemi Cudas too.

Go in with a positive attitude and you'll be fine. And if the car comes back to shows in the future with improvements people will know you just didn't buy the car that way.

I take mine all the time.It is about 80% original paint,but lots of dents,dings and a quarter size hole in the passenger side fender bottom. Take your car for sure!

Yeah, I would take it and have fun. Some of my car's I have had that were even nicer than what I have now I would enter in the show and have them not even Judge it. I would just like being their and talking to people. So go and have fun. That is what this Hobby is all about.

I was hesitant to bring my car to Carlisle last year because of its rough shape. After many encouraging posts from FABO members I decided to and had a lot of fun talking to folks about it and their rides.
Go for it....especially if it's a show you plan to attend every year. I think you'll be surprised at the people who will become regulars to see how it's progressing.

Pa Cuda,you have a nice ride. Just cruise. If it makes you happy, roll with it.

-
Back