unhappy with eddy need a change lol

-
You are getting vapor lock, or fuel boiling, Try a phenolic spacer between the carb and intake, 1 inch thick, this will solve your starting problem and give a little low end torque!

Two cents,
John B.

ordered a phenolic spacer from the zone till be here around lunch today. my question is it has a knock out center for 4hole or open spacer. what should i run. my intake in a single plane. thanks for all you guys help. getting close to gettin it right and todays my last day off to finish it.

Open will work just fine, You will be "cooling" the carb by spacing it from the manifold with a less heat conductive spacer! Single plane manifold will give you a tad more torque but at a higher RPM!

Good luck and as others have said your carb is just fine!

John B.

Check for hood clearance,with the new spacer,before you close the hood.

Do you have a drop base air cleaner ?

i have a dropped base cleaner and my cleaner stud is about 3 inches taller than my air cleaner and the hood clears. goin out now to try it out. the instructions show to use the 4 hole spacer since my intake has 4 holes in it and use the open spacer with the intake with the 2 long holes in it.

As far as your carb not opening all the way.Do you have the correct 4bbl linkage and kickdown? Did you make any changes to this when installing the 4 bbl? It could also be you simply have the bracket bolted down in the wrong spot..

the throtle rod is the 2bbl. bent it to straighten it out and added a bolt to the slot to get the slack out. still have around an inch of open slot. been messin with it and seems to be opening pretty much all the way. just installed the spacer and a fuel pressure regulator. got what the parts house had and the max 6psi regulator put out a big 3 psi. had to do some mixture adjusting to get it to idle but sounds good. waiting on it to sit and see what happens.

just went out to start it and same deal. hard to start. fuel pressure up around 6psi. the spacer i have is a universal has the aluminum body with open phenolic center. gonna drive it and see how it runs. do i maybe need a fuel press regulator? out of ideas thaks.

With the car off, take off the air cleaner and look inside the carb, move the throttle back and forth and see if you get a squirt of fuel from the accelerator pump. Should see two, one in each primary bore! When you say hard to start does it sound like it's firing, or out of gas?

What ignition do you have? what coil? etc...

John B.

its building fuel pressure and flooding. not bad but hate having to crank on it. sounds like alot of work to get the tranny right. thanks all

i don't want to offend anyone , but every eddie carb i ever had did the hard start , hard on fuel thing that your having trouble with . i ran 2 holley street avengers on 2 different vehicle since then and just put a holley 600 on the duster . they always start easy and run alot smoother.you can pick up a vac secondary electric choke holley for around $260 bucks . it will probably be the best money you ever spent.
just my 2cents

-
Back