Unhooking kickdown

-

Confusedcuda

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1967 904. I have a Lokar cable set up on a Edie Thunder. My Kickdown cable makes my throttle very stiff to push. I noticed when I dis-connected the kick down cable, my throttle is very easy. It just needs a return spring. Question is, do you have to have the kick down hooked up on a 904? Maybe some sort of tension or can I just add my return spring, and leave the kickdown unhooked. I had a shift kit installed and down shift manually when I need to pass some one when I am driving. Thanks!

Unless you have a full manual valvebody you must use the kickdown linkage because it regulates line pressure. In other words if you dont use it, youll burn up your transmission.

^yes yes yes....low line pressure will slip your frictions to the point of complete annihilation. DONT RUN WITHOUT IT!!!!!!

Uh, wtf you doing dude? Better read up on how to trans rebuild threads, lmao! Step away from the wrench man. Get a softer spring, or exercise your shin muscles.

There has been issues with the Lokar cables where they were completely dry and don't want to slide.
Just lube the inside of the cable with some silicone spray, or graphite powder and they work fine.

-
Back