Uni Lug wheels

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Hey guys I just got the right lug nuts and washers for my wheels. Any thing I need to know to install uni lug wheels? I know the washers are off set and it says on the washer which side to put towards the wheels. Anything else or tips to getting them lined up?

Sounds like Cragar wheels and I love the looks of them but they are a b**ch to put on. I kind of get the wheel on the studs and keep turning wheel and get all lugs started and keep one finger on the washer to keep it in place. When every lug is finger tight washers will be held in place by tabs on wheel and use socket to snug down evenly. Run car and recheck wheels as they may loosen some.

You need to get one stud at the top of the bolt circle so you can "balance" and lift the wheel straight up. Get the washer up there, "jig" the wheel up/ down until the washer catches in the alignment recess and then HOPE you can start the nut before it all comes crashing down.

Believe me, for an old guy with arthritis like me, this is a tough deal!!

First one is the hardest!!

use a deep 13/16 socket, it will hold the washer against the rim and in its groove while you are tightening. and just snug them up as you go around so you can still jiggle the wheel. i have done this hundreds of times and it isnt bad at all. i use vehicle height method so that the wheel will go on without having to lift the tire off the ground

-
Back