Unique distributor question

-

T56MaxTorq

Reaction score
So I've came across a problem getting my turbo 318 to start and went back to the basics. It's operated with mega squirt so it's been a learning process. I've had to lock out and remove all advance mechanisms in the dizzy so mega squirt could control all timing advance/retard. I had to remove the center shaft by taking off the toothed rotor and put it back on. I'm confused now as to how the rotor is aligned on the shaft with the pickup. Right now it's sitting at tdc and the pickup is in the middle of the 2 teeth peaks. Shouldn't the pickup be directly on a tooth at tdc??

There are two keyways in the reluctor. Notice the arrows on top. These correspond to CW for small block and CCW for big block. You use the keyway next to the CW arrow or opposite the CCW arrow, depending on how they are marked

This one has both arrows, CW for SB on the right side of photo

mopar_reluctor_sbm_pin_close_to_arrow.jpg

You sound like you have modded this. You may have changed "rotor phasing" Google that. Tons of info on the www

Thank you! My reluctor doesn't have the ccw arrow but does have the key for its pin. And I put it on the big block one, go figure. I appreciate the quick answer and graphics!

-
Back