Unlimited Fiberglass

-

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've heard their stuff isn't so great, but I'm looking at front and rear bumper brackets, and headlight buckets. Car is a '74 Dart Sport being cloned to a 70-71 Duster.

DUSTER & VALIANT 67, 70-72 & 73-76
- PL-306R&L
- PL-319R/L
- PL-320

Which would be less hassle; using their bumper brackets, or making aluminum?
Do the headlight buckets work, or should I find steel? I don't even know if the original steel buckets are part of the fenders or separate. I've never seen an original fender.
I already have bumpers and a hood from Glasstek. I have fenders that I bought from a member. They've never been mounted, but he didn't know who made them. -No buckets in them of course.
Signed "Clueless" lol

Last edited:
I've heard their stuff isn't so great, but I'm looking at front and rear bumper brackets, and headlight buckets. Car is a '74 Dart Sport being cloned to a 70-71 Duster.

DUSTER & VALIANT 67, 70-72 & 73-76
- PL-306R&L
- PL-319R/L
- PL-320

Which would be less hassle; using their bumper brackets, or making aluminum?
Do the headlight buckets work, or should I find steel? I don't even know if the original steel buckets are part of the fenders or separate. I've never seen an original fender.
I already have bumpers and a hood from Glasstek. I have fenders that I bought from a member. They've never been mounted, but he didn't know who made them. -No buckets in them of course.
Signed "Clueless" lol
there is a member here that makes/sells aluminum bumper brackets and bolts for our cars. I'm drawing a blank as to his screen name but i'll go dig thru my pm's and find it. They are really high quality as I have a set for my dart

there is a member here that makes/sells aluminum bumper brackets and bolts for our cars. I'm drawing a blank as to his screen name but i'll go dig thru my pm's and find it. They are really high quality as I have a set for my dart
Thanks, I should've mentioned that I'm familiar with that thread. Just thinking that the 'glass would be even lighter and maybe cheaper? (I don't know what the alum ones cost.)

Thanks, I should've mentioned that I'm familiar with that thread. Just thinking that the 'glass would be even lighter and maybe cheaper? (I don't know what the alum ones cost.)
I think you mis-understood. The member I'm referring too only sells the brackets/bolts.

I have/had fiberglass bumper brackets from UP on my 71 Dart to go along with their fiberglass bumpers. I did replace the front bracket with Jeff Lingerfelder aluminum bracket in the front as I felt they were a better product. I think the difference in weight might have been a pound...never weighted them...I still have the rear UP fiberglass brackets on the rear....

For some reason, I was thinking the alum brackets are a heavier gauge, making them substantially heavier.
Sounds like either fiberglass or alum are viable choices.
The problem with Unlimited is that their website says their online ordering is down for maintainance... for at least 3 months that I know of. I can call them and see if they sound like they're in business. It's not a good sign when a business does something like "temporary maintenance" for over 3 months!

For some reason, I was thinking the alum brackets are a heavier gauge, making them substantially heavier.
not at all. I bet the ones I have only weight 3-4 pounds tops. my steel ones weighed at least 30 combined and when combined with the bumper, were almost 60 pounds. My fiberglass bumper is 6 pounds.

Sounds like either fiberglass or alum are viable choices.
The problem with Unlimited is that their website says their online ordering is down for maintainance... for at least 3 months that I know of. I can call them and see if they sound like they're in business. It's not a good sign when a business does something like "temporary maintenance" for over 3 months!
and have you tried glastek out of illinios yet?

I think you mis-understood. The member I'm referring too only sells the brackets/bolts.
No, I got you. I meant the brackets.
And, yes, the alum ones look nice. I have to mull it over. Thanks for digging up that thread.
I bought my hood and bumpers from Glasstek. Didn't know they had buckets and brackets. -I just called them. They have them for Darts, not Dusters. Didn't hurt to ask. I'd call and order from UF, I'd like to hear from anyone else who has bought from them recently, while their website ordering is down.

I have our members aluminum brackets on my Duster and they are very light in weight but thick enough not to be a sloppy mess. Bendable if need be.
IMO, a total win win.

IF you are building a "Race Car" and every last ounce of weight reduction is needed, then the glass units would be better by a small amount. Enough small amounts of weight add up and quickly when the list is done being tabulated!

I've been on the fence about whether to get fiberglass or aluminum brackets. Unlimited just solved that problem. I just called them and they no longer make the brackets. Ordered the buckets and I am now going to contact the FABO member who makes the aluminum brackets.

Thanks for the help and all of the replies!

Motorhead446 replied to my request almost immediately earlier today and has already shipped my order!

I ordered all of the bumper brackets, hardware and fender braces.

-
Back