Unlimited fibreglass hoods ?

-

X-RACER

Reaction score
Has anyone here used their hoods before ? I am just curious about the quality of them, fit, finish etc. Any input is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ralph.

Thanks Bob.I don't want to spend the rest of my life on one that's for sure, but I have had good and bad experience with more expensive stuff (harwood hood& glasstek fenders on a 67 cam#*# years ago ) was just curious if these can be any worse for the $$.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input and the link. FJ5 have you used any hoods from aar ? I am looking for a ss/hemi style hood for my 69 dart.

I have one of there hoods on my cuda. Nice quality piece, needed little finishing before paint.

Attachments

• P7110058.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 361
Cuda20,that is a nice looking hood. There is something about your cuda that makes me smile whenever I see it, that is a gorgeous car.

not personally, ive got a buddy with one. he swears by it says they are the best made.

Bought two hoods from unlimited in the past year or so...last one was back in May...

One for a duster and one for a demon...also bought front and rear bumper for a 71 Dart....and a front bumper for a 71 Demon...

bought bumper for 71 Duster from AAR which is now Stinger Fiberglass...the stinger bumper look like the ends were glued on....would buy bumpers from Unlimited before I bought bumpers from Stinger ..

1st four pictures are demon hood,,,,and last one is duster

Attachments

• 100_2928.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 377
  • 100_2930.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 100_2931.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 100_2932.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0849.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 349
Had two friends that had unlimited hoods-both were very bad. One was bowed so bad that the hood never sat flat, it was up 1/2" in the middle.
The other friend's hood was 5/8" too short front to back on ONE side. Unlimited ended up replacing it, but it was bowed real bad too.
In Unlimited's defense, both were on Chevy's.. Lol

The bumpers I ordered for my Dart from them were HORRIBLE. They looked like they were dragged behind a truck down the highway. There were big chunks missing out of the face of them and the corners more flat-spotted than rounded.

Edit: I should add that both hoods and both of my bumpers were bought from Unlimited 5-7 years ago. They may have gotten better since then.

Found a couple of more pictures of 71 Duster hood I bought back in May...

Attachments

• IMG_0834.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0833.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 328
70aarcuda, thanks for the pics.That Duster hood looks fine to me , it doesn't look like there are any issues. Is that regular or race weight ?

Those hoods look fine to me, maybe as 69dart340 stated they have gotten better over the years.Personally I am not building a show car just a street, strip, fun cruiser. Thanks again for all the input gentlemen, it is very much appreciated.
Ralph.

Friend bought a Demon hood from unlimited a few years ago. Fit fine.

For the difference in weight between standard and race weight, I wouldn't bother with the race hood.

Redid one from AAR for a guy about 2 years ago. Look like the buck was made by a 5 year old. It's fair if its a race car and you don't care about fit and finish but I would still consider another brand. Not sure how their quality is now that ownership changed but I would assume not much.

Have a 6pack hood from aar on my 67 dart was a great fit and just a little sanding to make it look great!

Seen Unlimited glass,for years. The mid range priced (and up.),is nice. The older stuff,needs some help,on occasion.

-
Back