Unpainted Heads & Intake : Opinions

-

LH23H2R

Reaction score
Just as the title suggests : opinions about leaving intake manifolds and cylinder heads in their natural finish .

Personally , I think it looks gross . I like a relatively 'stock' look to motors ; engine colour heads and induction , regardless of the parts being factory or after market ( Edelbrock , et al. ) . To me , it just looks cleaner than , say : orange block , aluminum heads , aluminum intake
( or even a black-anodised intake ) , black valve covers , chrome headers .
Too much going on ! Too busy and unfinished !

Anyone else feel this way ?

i like the painted look just so it wont rust and what not, also "helps" cover up some nice aluminum heads to passers by...

those are victors on a 505RB...

Attachments

• shop 029.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 165
I prefer the totally stock look myself. I really like the whole f. a.s.t. racing program just way cool in my opinion.

All I can say is what I plan to do myself. I'm going to have my aluminum manifold powder coated to look as close to it's natural color as possible. I plan to paint my aluminum heads.

Aluminum looks GREAT ---when it's new and clean. But it doesn't take long to soak up grease and grime and look .........like...........

I say paint it.

i like the sleeper look.

Attachments

• party 046 (640x480).jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 139
Aluminum looks GREAT ---when it's new and clean. But it doesn't take long to soak up grease and grime and look .........like...........

I say paint it.

I hear ya. I can't seem to keep fingerprints off of the aluminum stuff, and then it looks like crap.

For my own stuff I paint the block and heads and leave the intake natural...

830hp.jpg

As a teenager, I finally bought an aluminum intake, and thought I was THE coolest. Now my aluminum intake is painted, go figure:?

I normally do the block and heads in one color, and the valve cover, brackets, pulleys in another color and paint the intake silver or block color.

-
Back