Unreal intake manifold cost

-
My point?
Posting some price you paid 42 years ago really does not compare to today's going rate.

yea those people back in the day didn't have a lick of sense not like these over intelligent internet savy people today.99% of these stupid how much is it worth threads could be eliminated with good ole fashioned rule of the thumb half price of new

I ran the Weiand on my stroker and then switched to the AG, I gained some in the 60’, 330’ ,1/8, 1/4 ET and overall MPH. I’ll have to check my time slips to see. Around on the street honestly between blowing the tires off with either and hot rodding around I can’t say there was much if any seat of pants difference. Track? Yes (via time slips)

Have an Action Plus on my 360LA. I'm getting ready to install new Promaxx aluminum heads and I have an Air Gap sitting on the shelf that the prior owner ruined the Endurashine finish on. Was getting ready to have it bead blasted and possibly powder coated clear. Wondering if it is worth it on a street car that will never be tracked. Air Gap is attractive as it gets warm here in the summer and is arguably a better intake overall.

Electrics pay no fuel taxes. They will possibly be charged for mileage in the future. Us gas users will be paying high gas taxes to make up the losses of electrics. Life goes on regardless.
Hobbies are expensive. Buy your intake and keep going.
They are using our roads for free. That has to stop!
When the people figure out our electric infrastructure can not support the extra burden caused by more electric vehicles, gasoline will look awful good!

N

Everyone thinks that what they have is worth a fortune.
I mean, it's hard to help when a guy finds you a 4bbl intake for 70 bucks and the guy is willing to ship and you pass.... Good Luck on your hunt. I like to help, but I kind of feel helpless.... lol

I will pay what I have to to get the part if I think I have to have it. The ones I hate are like this. Have a performer rpm for sale. Almost new I decided I need a single plane. Asking 450.00 plus shipping. I know you can buy a new one from summit for 360.00 and free shipping. But this one, is special cause I owned it and need you to pay extra for my mistake.

Have an Action Plus on my 360LA. I'm getting ready to install new Promaxx aluminum heads and I have an Air Gap sitting on the shelf that the prior owner ruined the Endurashine finish on. Was getting ready to have it bead blasted and possibly powder coated clear. Wondering if it is worth it on a street car that will never be tracked. Air Gap is attractive as it gets warm here in the summer and is arguably a better intake overall.
I know you can mount up the factory A/C setup on the Weiand, we have on a 78 Magnum w/360 not sure if factory brackets will work with the AG. If no a/c I’d slap on the AG and never look back

I will pay what I have to to get the part if I think I have to have it. The ones I hate are like this. Have a performer rpm for sale. Almost new I decided I need a single plane. Asking 450.00 plus shipping. I know you can buy a new one from summit for 360.00 and free shipping. But this one, is special cause I owned it and need you to pay extra for my mistake.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I will pay what I have to to get the part if I think I have to have it.
Agree. Moroso gold valve covers and air cleaner, Keystone Klassic rims in 15x4-1/2” size (I think they exist? Or are those Unicorns?) Certain NOS parts.... there’s more but if found I have bought, will buy. Not cry:(

I still have it for sale, but to you it's only 425.00 plus shipping. Let me know....

I have a real nice LD4B. I really want to keep it but I might entertain $1000. Just sayin' :poke::lol:

I know you can mount up the factory A/C setup on the Weiand, we have on a 78 Magnum w/360 not sure if factory brackets will work with the AG. If no a/c I’d slap on the AG and never look back
Thanks.. I have Vintage Air installed. Guess I need to see if it'll worky.

I mean, it's hard to help when a guy finds you a 4bbl intake for 70 bucks and the guy is willing to ship and you pass.... Good Luck on your hunt. I like to help, but I kind of feel helpless.... lol
I wasn't talking about the manifold for 70 bucks, it's a good deal and I'm looking into getting it

Let me guess, you'll probably ask 250
Too cheap. Going price is more like $300. Understand, I clean them up (bead blast and repair all stripped threads) and no, I paid more than $80 for them. Then there is the carrying cost of money. I have been collecting parts for 45 years.
You can't buy a hemi cuda for $6000 can you? People complain about the high cost of late 60's and early 70's muscle cars, but look at the price of a Hellcat (or even a new Honda Civic)! When I bought that first LD340, I was making $2.20/hr! Lets put things in the proper perspective.
When we get older (I am 65) we think prices should never change from what we remember them. And yes, I bought gas for $.25/gallon when there were gas wars (who knows what a gas war was?)!

Too cheap. Going price is more like $300. Understand, I clean them up (bead blast and repair all stripped threads) and no, I paid more than $80 for them. Then there is the carrying cost of money. I have been collecting parts for 45 years.
You can't buy a hemi cuda for $6000 can you? People complain about the high cost of late 60's and early 70's muscle cars, but look at the price of a Hellcat (or even a new Honda Civic)! When I bought that first LD340, I was making $2.20/hr! Lets put things in the proper perspective.
When we get older (I am 65) we think prices should never change from what we remember them. And yes, I bought gas for $.25/gallon when there were gas wars (who knows what a gas war was?)!
Shoot even at $300, technically that intake lost value. $80 in 1976 is like $400 in today's dollar.

Intakes are still out there reasonable if you look.
Bought a strip dominater a few months ago for $125 for a LA but dirty.
Quick trip to the bead-blaster $40 and its nice and clean.
Had no idea what to use it for when I bought it, but bought an old truck with a 2bbl a few weeks ago, so it may end up on it.

Akin to smoking cigarettes. Ask a smoker in your life how much is too much for a pack of cancer sticks? Oh, they may give you a dollar amount, or not answer, even complain about how much they cost now but how many years have they been huffing on them again??Been paying whatever it takes all these years, and will continue to pay whatever it takes....sucks to be addicted like that doesn’t it?? :realcrazy:

I'm 62. For what ever reason, people think that when they sell certain things that they should get over half of what it costs new. I seen a edelbrock performer intake for $300 (used of course) which at the time a new one could be bought for like $350. IMHO that isn't a bargain, not even close. It's not always supply and demand as new intake manifolds are available. A lot of it is that people have to have the item right now regardless of cost. As there's a couple of different intakes listed on my post that are reasonably priced. If someone is restoration their 340 or 360 4 barrel back to factory specs then I can understand paying a couple hundred dollars for a factory 4v intake manifold, other than that I don't feel that they are worth it. Even the second hand resale shops are getting expensive. It's just not supply and demand but what ever someone is willing to pay, myself, I'll watch for the true bargains.

Shoot even at $300, technically that intake lost value. $80 in 1976 is like $400 in today's dollar.
Before long it's going to lose more value than that. The hobby that we're in is losing popularity more every year. I don't know about where you live but Missouri doesn't have a quarter mile track anymore. Salvage yards are pretty much dried up. The younger generation is wrapped up in high tech 4 bangers. The current generation is involved in iPads, driverless cars, electric vehicles. I'm thinking that the hobby as we know it will probably be a thing of the past within the next 5 years and no I'm not being negative, stating plan facts.

-
Back