Unusual Backfiring Problems

-
Take the vacuum hose off and take i for a ride . or check for the back fire. Sounds like it may be advancing to far with the vacuum advance.

Just to be clear, is it "backfiring" through the carb or out the exhaust? Is it a single pop or a continuous popping at that speed?

I will try that with the vacuum advnace thanks. Its backfiring through the carb. It’s a constant popping unless I give it more gas or let of the gas completely. I m going to try and re jet it today because of what it says in the manual. Ill keep you guys posted. Thanks again

Its my daily driver so I doubt its the gas. I just changed the metering rods to make it more rich acccording to the manual but it still does it the exact same way. I cant figure it out

It sounds like a vacuum issue to the distributor. When your on the throttle no vacuum . when your at a steady throttle you get vacuum to the distributor. It is probably advancing to far .

If you're getting a pretty big back fire, sounds like fuel may be collecting in the muffler(s) as you decelerate and ignite when hot gases resume under acceleration. Sounds like carb. Float level too high?

-
Back