*UPDATE* Hood scoop and carb spacer

-

Guitar Jones

aka Angry Johnny
Reaction score
Well although the car is leaving really hard and since I fixed the problem of it sucking fuel from the carb vents it still only seems to have picked up about 1/10. It is hesitating on take off so I think there is a little more in there to be tuned but since the weather is so different it's hard to say exactly how much it has picked up. Either way I am happy with the results and I did win last night. :D

In fact the car is working so well I'm having reservations about back halfing it.

Thanks guys, I attribute my win to good fortune. Of the seven rounds of racing I got free passes on four of them, two opponents red lighted and two broke, the last two occurring in the semi and final rounds. The three races I had to win though were real squeakers with margins of victory no more than .033.

The two red lighters were both Mopars and the two broken cars were a Ford(my good friend and racing partner) and a Chevy.

I don't care who you are though you have to have some luck along the way. I'm not a Warren Johnson fan but he did say something once in a post race interview I believe to be true when the interviewer suggested he got lucky. I'll have to paraphrase though, "Luck is when preparation and ability meet opportunity."

-
Back