Update On My Mom

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
I told several of you I would post an update on my mom. When she went to the doctor on Monday for them to discuss her treatment options they put her in the hospital. They decided to do a week of chemo in the hospital and then once a week for 5 weeks. Then they will decided what to do next. I am glad she is in the hospital because now if the chemo messes with her Crohns she is at the hospital and they can take care of her. We also received some bad news about her lymph nodes. When they ran test on them they determined they were cancer as well. I know some people have gotten offended when people have asked for prayers for their family but I am going to still ask for you guys to keep her in your thoughts.

If prayer is offensive to them I feel sorry for them. Prayer and well wishes sent.

Prayers offensive? prayers lend comfort in knowing we are not alone in our struggles. Prayers sent to you and your family ABB.

Screw that clown...the Hospital sounds like the best place for your Mom....

If anyone complains about asking for prayers I hope you will be able to ignore them and just remember that you have many friends here praying for and wishing you and your family the very best.

I talked to my sister this morning and she said they haven't started chemo because of some new issues. They are determining what the strange substance is my mom can't keep down before they administer anything. It is so hard talking to her because she is drugged so heavily. She repeats herself over and over and forgets what she is saying. Last night I wanted to laugh at her but held it in, she kep saying "I'm green all over. My grandboys should would like to see me being green." I have no clue what she was talking about. My sister said that she was red all over from the medication she is talking. Thanks to everyone.

Betty I am happy to say a prayer and I don't find it offensive,because it truly works. So Prayers are sent for you,your family and most importantly your mom.

Talked with my step dad last night and he said was doing a little better. She receives her first chemo treatment today. The doctor told her to prepare for hair loss. This is the one thing my was worried about. She is not happy about loosing her hair. Solution solved, being a former cosmetologist I have a trip planned Easter weekend to do a make-over on my mom. I am the only one she want to cut it. She will be coming home on the 16th and then going back in the first of May. Time to start planning her make-over. My step dad was trying to be funny and make mom laugh last night and told me to bring the clippers. My mom wasn't happy with him at all. I heard her yelling at him about why I needed to bring my clippers. I had to get onto to him too. The whole time he was laughing. I have thinking about cutting my hair shorter to support my mom but I don't know if that would make her feel worse or better.

-
Back