update on one piece frontend

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
I bought a one piece fiberglass front end 3 weeks ago to replace my fiberglass and steel front end. When I got the frontend I was initially impressed with the quality of the glass. By that I mean the glass was smooth on the top side with nice corners and the inside looked real good also. The fiberglass was reinforced in all the right places and the thickness was uniform and even everywhere I measured. Now comes the rub. trying to line up the fender gaps and the cowl gaps has been a real pain . Also when I got into it it looks like they pulled the glass off the mold to soon and let it cure sitting on the floor. The right bottom fender was twisted and sucked in and the cowl area was sagging real bad. They had mis-cut out the headlight & grill openings by almost 1/2". It has been 3 weeks and I finally got it to line up enough that I can get it to shut and latch but thats all that line up. The body contour at the right door is sunk in at least 1/2-3/4". And when I cut the hood for my scoop the whole thing distorted so bad I had to rebuild my hood latches again. I will post pics when I mount it back on the car. The real gripe is I was all ready to go for this year then thought I could swap front ends quickly and be cruzin' by now Damn!

-
Back