Update pics of paint job

-

1972Dart

Reaction score
Painted the dart this weekend and thought I'd post some quick pics. I still have to put on the black swinger stripe and then wet sand and buff. Finally can start to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Done2.JPG

Done4.JPG

Done6.JPG

Done7.JPG

blackace said:
Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What brand paint did you use?

First off, thanX for all the positive feedback I appreciate it. Especially in an atmoshere where everyone knows the cars, its a big compliment. It's been every waking moment outside of work and school to get it to this point so I'm very excited now that I'm on the downward side. It's a Dupont color with a tad custom blend and some pearl added. I had it out in the sun baking for a bit today in the nice weather and man, my eyeballs got sore, LOL. I'm finishing up on the wiring now, Blah blah blah, etc,etc. Hope to drive it Saturday!!! We shall see

:poke: That a nice looking Nova ya got there........just kidding...gotta pick on ya about the cowl hood. Looks really nice.

Looks really great 72dart,....now you have to look out for everything that's "attracted" to nice paint: (which ends up mostly more then just eyes). Hope to see a few pics when she's un-wrapped and rolling :thumblef:

pic4.JPG

Dusterb318 said:
:poke: That a nice looking Nova ya got there........just kidding...gotta pick on ya about the cowl hood. Looks really nice.

Blah Blah blah, only from a purist :wack:

halfaed said:
Looks VERY VERY NICE! How much did the hood set you back? I want one.

Thank you. The hood cost me $80 bc its just a fiberglass cowl scoop I glassed into my steel hood and mudded up. Lots of sanding to get it straight and blended but it turned out well. I had to cut a nice big hole in the center of my steel hood but I didn't want to drop $400 on the glass one till I saw how it looked first this way.

Looks great! I don't blame you for trying to do an experiment on a bolt on and glass blend a hood. $400 is wacked, but thats what they charge.

-
Back