Update

-

Slugger8985

Reaction score
Good evening fellow FABO friends!!! I finally got a little down time and thought I would post an update on everything. My baby has had to be put on hold for the time being as I recently re-enlisted in the USMC. After being medically discharged from OCS to have knee surgery, I took a year or so off and tried to heal up. Debated on whether or not to leave it at that but the bitter taste that was left in my mouth won and I re-enlisted. Boot camp went better than expected and I worked hard and was blessed with Kilo Company Honor Man and was meritoriously promoted to LCpl. Made it through SOI with a few scratches but picked up with MART (Marines Awaiting Reconnaissance Training) as scheduled. Once we got hot and heavy into PT and the pool workouts my legs deteriorated and a phone call from my wife with a possibility of a little one on the way I decided a change of MOS was necessary. Ended up with a MOS of 0627 SATCOM which has been pretty interesting so far. DEFINITELY different than the 03 side of things. Just a few more weeks until I hopefully get a duty station and can bring my Val with me though. I have continued to work out future plans with it. Would love to have a track-worthy 440 but, as you all know, 440s are getting harder and harder to come by. Also been thinking about swapping out factory fenders for a fiberglass front clip. All decisions are dependent on which class I end up running, but regardless of class I just want the car with me so little projects can get started. Kills me to have to leave it where it is for the time being, but all good things come in time. GOOD TO BE BACK ON FABO!!!!!

LCpl. Rogers, Bradley P.
USMC

Congrats, Marine! Keep up the good work (and good luck on the possible little one!)

Going back to OCS?

Thank you!!! Undecided as of right now. It was a hard enough transition going from infantry stuff to non-infantry stuff and especially at my advanced age (well, advanced as far as the military goes), I don't know if I want to start a whole other adventure like that. The pay increase would be nice, but I already have my job back once I get done with the Corps so I'm uncertain.

God bless you, and thank you for your service to our country!! Sounds like you have a great future ahead of you, and I wish you all the best! Good to have such a fine you g man amongst us here!! Geof

Thanks for the service ,soldier!!! Those little daily projects,keep you motivated. A mild 360 doesn't have the WOW factor a big inch wedge does, still make that lightweight A body scoot.

Thank you!!! I am really pretty open on what kind of powerplant goes in it as long as it scoots. That's the goal!!! Errahh!!!

-
Back