Updated Pics, just sprayed primer last night

-

1972Dart

Reaction score
Well, I finally got everything fine tuned, sealed, and shot the primer last night and it turned out pretty good. Lettin it set up for a few days and plan to wet sand by the end of the week and then shoot the COLOR this weekend or early next week!!!! Thought I'd post some pics to see how she's coming along. I'm selling my old doors and put them in the for sale stuff if anyone needs doors.

fr end in sealer primer.JPG

primer1.JPG

primer2.JPG

primer3.JPG

primer4.JPG

primer5.JPG

ThanX guys, and your right the real fun has just begun.

lookin sweet!
what color you going with?
stripes, hood scoop, flames oh my! :drinkers:

abodyjoe said:
looks good.. i like how the blower motor hole is filled in.. was that har to get straight??

The blower motor hole, all the insulation clip holes, took more time to weld than anything, so I didn't warp anything. Lots of sanding with the layers of mud but I think it turned out real good. I was worried about 4 areas...the firewall with all the welding I did, the 1/4 panel I replaced, the wheel wells that I opened up to get a 31" tire in, and the antenna hole I filled. I figured if I screwed up and didn't take my time the tell tale signs of hurry would show in the end. I'm getting so close now that its even harder to work on but man am I happy with how its turning out. I don't want to screw anything up at this stage of the game so it seems to go slower every night. I'm painting it go mango with some pearl and a black swinger stripe. Speaking of that, anyone know the correct way the stripe is supposed to go across the trunk. I thought it came up the 1/4's at an angle straddling the side markers and then straight across the trunk. I've seen it both ways on cars now where some people have it go up the 1/4's at an angle and then follow the contour of the trunk at a slight angle rear to the center and then to the other side. Which is correct?

-
Back