updates and questions!!

-

moper

Reaction score
Well, after 10 years of not having an old car registered and legal... I got the temps for the '65 today! Woo Hoo!. If it wasnt pouring Id take it out...lol. On top of that, I had planned to keep the car a slant... but... It was Kharma. I went to a yard to see a 225/904 in an Aspen.. and right in front of it was a '65 273 2bbl car. It is beyond rough...lol. But, I ended up scoring the engine and trans complete from carb to pan, fan to trunion, including all the engine and trans wiring harness, mounts,manifolds, pulleys,PS pump, kickdown linkage, shifter cables, centerlink w/idler and pitman arms, and pedal/cable assembly. Plus the radiator (core), the driver's mirror and the radio. The car was not really molested do it's all decent stuff to work with.

Now, the car had power steering. I noticed the box is not a standard box... the valve assembly on top is different. So, my question is... for the V8 guys.. with stoc tires, how bad is the V8 truning in a parking lot? Does the column have to be changed with the box like later cars? (going from manual...)

Lastly, the car is in western CT and there is glass, a few interior pcs, some trim, emblems and lenses left. I've committed to the shop to buying the PS stuff but it's still in the air in my head. Also, the car had an add-on AC system that was complete. No clue if it worked or how well, but someone might want to try. I dont own a vehicle with operating air so I don't want it. PM me and I'll let you knwo who to talk to.

-
Back