updates of junkyard dog rebuild

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
haven't been on here lately. with remodeling the inside of the house and working on the cars , I have not had much time but some of you guys wanted me to keep updating you on the 73 Dart Sport we pulled out of the field last year and are bringing back to life so here are some updates and pics. I have put a complete front end under it over the winter. Upper and lower ball joints, control arms, inner and outer tie rod ends, shocks. we have put inner and outer rocker panels on both sides. Have put a new floor pan in her and completed the inside except for the reconditioning of the front bucket seats. However I took someones advice and did something with them and put a cheap set of covers on them for now. We have put both rear quarters on it. Put a new trunk pan,trunk extensions on both sides,left trunk gutter rail, both rear frame rails, tail panel brackets on both sides. Practically rebuilt the whole back half. Yesterday I trailered it down and had a complete new exhaust system put on it. Went with Flowmaster Super 44's on it. it sounds great. I also had a front end alignment done. will post some pics a little later when I find the file on the computer. I had to pull it out of the garage and didn't get the quarters completely done because I had to bring my Duster in this morning and pull the tranny because it is going in the shop Monday morning for a complete rebuild. I got tired of the leak I have messed with for a year. I will have it back in next weekend and get ready for the car shows this year. Will be finishing up the body work on the Dart Sport then. Will keep those of you updated on the progress if you like.

here are the pics of the junkyard dog

Attachments

• DSC04204.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 320
  • Copy of DSC04320.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC04391 (Copy).jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC04394 (Copy).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC04395 (Copy).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC04323 (Copy).jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 338
  • DSC04310.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC04321 (Copy).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC04296.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 341
  • DSC04191.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 308
I just saw this thread. It looks like you have made some good progress. Nice work with the quarters. I have to put a trunk pan and extensions in my Dart also. Keep up the good work.

wow the back of that unibody was really gone so far the work you have done is great work

Hold the phone :blob::blob: Keep the updates coming trudysduster :cheers:
You are moving forward and threads like this will help many members as I/we need to see this kind of great work to go by and learn from =D>

Koodo's for taking on such a challange !! I noticed the old MR.Gasket Auto Stick Shifter.Cool

slapped that shifter in there just to be able to move this in and out of the garage. tired and getting too old to push.

Good work, Bill:cheers:
And fast, too!
C

-
Back