Updates on Bruce

-
In fact, We're goin tomorrow. Kitty was fellin badly when she got home from work Friday so we decided to do it Sunday. Will measure it all up and let you know.

Thank's rob see if ya can get some pic's and idea what he want and gimmie a call...i'll pm ya my #....Thank's .......Wagg's
In fact, We're goin tomorrow. Kitty was fellin badly when she got home from work Friday so we decided to do it Sunday. Will measure it all up and let you know.

hay u guys are making a ramp for him is there any thing i mite have that u still need that we can ship if so let me know pm me guys if i got some thing i would be happy to help out with what i can if i can

lowes or home depot gift card???? beer???? Thank's just askin means a lot...........Wagg's
hay u guys are making a ramp for him is there any thing i mite have that u still need that we can ship if so let me know pm me guys if i got some thing i would be happy to help out with what i can if i can

sad5: Umm I dont have any cash i was hoping i mite have some laying around u needed .we just blew 1500 bucks to have the ealactric in my home fixed the braker went out and other stuff with it.. any how if i get some cash soon i will hit u or rob up to get a card to ya but i dont think i will

It's all good man don't worry about it we'll gitter dun :cheers:
sad5: Umm I dont have any cash i was hoping i mite have some laying around u needed .we just blew 1500 bucks to have the ealactric in my home fixed the braker went out and other stuff with it.. any how if i get some cash soon i will hit u or rob up to get a card to ya but i dont think i will

Ok just guessin at it being 3 and a half feet tall from the ground to the porch I came up with 600$ in materials assuming it will be just a straight ramp,then i still have to figure for it to have a landing at the bottom and if it cant be in a straight line another landing midway and maybe two landings if he needs it to end up at his sidewalk coming from one side of the porch???????...so two landings if it ends up back on the front sidewalk....found a site from the ada that gives all specifications on slope,width and railing heighth's size of landings etc.

Gettin ready to leave now. Will have pics and measurements soon.

Will git pic's :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Being a wheelchair user. I can say the the pitch of the ramp will make a difference on how easy it is to push a chair up or down the ramp. some states have codes on ramps like NC does.

I did my calculations using the ada specifications which calls for a 1:12 pitch the site was very helpful determining width and pitch and heighth of the railings size of landings etc. I'm thinking i'm gonna need some landings and curl it back to his fron sidewalk otherwise it'll be at least 36 foot long if his porch is 3 and a half foot off the ground
Being a wheelchair user. I can say the the pitch of the ramp will make a difference on how easy it is to push a chair up or down the ramp. some states have codes on ramps like NC does.

I did my calculations using the ada specifications which calls for a 1:12 pitch the site was very helpful determining width and pitch and heighth of the railings size of landings etc.

Great that will be a big help to Bruce. Thank You and other memebers who is helping out Bruce.

Well, it looks like from Melanie's Facebook page that Bruce has been back in the hospital since the 30th. I would have let yall know sooner, but this is the first I've learned about it. For some reason, Melanie's and a few of my other Facebook friends posts were not showing up on my wall. I went to send her a message and saw the posts where Bruce is back in. He has another blood infection.

He's actually been in two different hospitals. This is where he is now.

Perry Hospital
1120 Morningside Drive
Perry, Ga. 31069
478-987-3600 Room 118

rob thank's for postin the number I just talked to mel bruce will be home on the 14th

Waiting to hear that everyone got home safe and sound this morning. I cannot thank everyone enough for all of the efforts and energies to get Bruce's ramp built. It is wonderful and so is that fantastic little scooter. He will be zooming in no time we hope. Im not able to uplead pictures but everyone that had a camera got some and when they are rested we will probably see some here. Bruce is excited to get home to see it and check out his scooter for a test drive. When Bruce gets home we will have to get an update to everyone and a picture or two. 'thanks again for all of this!! You have no idea how much this helps!!

it was our pleasure Melanie...mindy roger and i got in about 2:30 am.I drove for about a half hour and roger took over and got us home safely

Waiting to hear that everyone got home safe and sound this morning. I cannot thank everyone enough for all of the efforts and energies to get Bruce's ramp built. It is wonderful and so is that fantastic little scooter. He will be zooming in no time we hope. Im not able to uplead pictures but everyone that had a camera got some and when they are rested we will probably see some here. Bruce is excited to get home to see it and check out his scooter for a test drive. When Bruce gets home we will have to get an update to everyone and a picture or two. 'thanks again for all of this!! You have no idea how much this helps!!

I spent the night with my daughter and son in law. I left for home this morning at 9:30 and was home by 3:00. It was my pleasure to lend a hand and to meet you and your family. I hope all turns out well and I think we'll put up a christmass tree so you can get some et's on Bruce drag racing up and down the ramp.

I hope to hear that he's doing better, I spoke to Bruce a while back when I had purchased some parts for my dart from him. Real good guy and it's a treasure to have him here on FABO.

Hope you're well Bruce!

-
Back