Upgrade my 69 Dart Wheels

-

blewbyoutobad

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I want to upgrade my Dart wheels. Im very tired of all the cars with a torque thrust style wheel. Trying to do something different but still look good. I used a RR on Vision wheels because they have no Dart for visualization. What do you think. If not please make a suggestion.
Thanks FABO

Screenshot_2021-04-30 Vision Configurator Vision Wheel(1).png

Screenshot_2021-04-30 Vision Configurator Vision Wheel.png

I like the Vision Legend 5's, I have them on my Challenger. Mine were 17x9's with 275/40/17's.

img_3017-jpeg.jpg

img_3485-jpeg.jpg

I have American racing VN425

GTS.png

VN425 TORQ THRUST SL - American Racing

I really wanted something different than 5 spoke Coke bottle wheels too. I looked at the "Salt Flat" type wheels you show in your second picture as I like that style but I needed custom offsets and none were available at the time.

I have American racing VN425

View attachment 1715731131

VN425 TORQ THRUST SL - American Racing

I really wanted something different than 5 spoke Coke bottle wheels too. I looked at the "Salt Flat" type wheels you show in your second picture as I like that style but I needed custom offsets and none were available at the time.

You paid for those bad boys but they look great! I need a 5.25 BS in rear and 3.5 or so in front. I just dont know if I'm sold on the Salt Flat look.

I am a huge fan of the torque thrust type wheels, and i think five spokes in general look the the best. But, since you want an alternative....
Ive got rocket "launchers", a ten spoke gasser style on the front of one of my cars (tt2 on the rear, launchers only made for the front). I kinda like the ridler 650, also a ten spoke.
Jegs house brand are kinda nice, and inexpensive. Copys of other peoples wheels.
To be honest, i like the vision slots/salt flat/racer that you have on your roadrunner example too.
As always, best advice.....? Get what YOU like!

You paid for those bad boys but they look great! I need a 5.25 BS in rear and 3.5 or so in front. I just dont know if I'm sold on the Salt Flat look.

I like it on 30's and 40's hot rods. On a muscle car to me they they usually look out of place. Or too much like a set of slot mags, depending on the particular version of the wheel. They just look heavy.

And actually I think they look a lot like the wheels you already have on the front already...

I am a huge fan of the torque thrust type wheels, and i think five spokes in general look the the best. But, since you want an alternative....
Ive got rocket "launchers", a ten spoke gasser style on the front of one of my cars (tt2 on the rear, launchers only made for the front). I kinda like the ridler 650, also a ten spoke.
Jegs house brand are kinda nice, and inexpensive. Copys of other peoples wheels.
To be honest, i like the vision slots/salt flat/racer that you have on your roadrunner example too.
As always, best advice.....? Get what YOU like!

I have looked at all those and the Gasser from Rocket is killer but my car sits to low in the front to look right I think? The coilovers are already jacked up quite a ways so I dont think I would get the right amount of lift for them by cranking them up more. Ridler 650 also very nice. I need 5.25 BS on the rear and the 650 wont do it. Thanks for the advice.

I like it on 30's and 40's hot rods. On a muscle car to me they they usually look out of place. Or too much like a set of slot mags, depending on the particular version of the wheel. They just look heavy.

And actually I think they look a lot like the wheels you already have on the front already...
Those on the front are Chinese and leak air. Im going to sell them since I cant find them anymore.

I need
What sizes are you looking for?
3.5" BS on a 15" up front unless I go to 17" and I think a 4" BS is ok. On rear I cant go any wider than 8" wheel (overall 9") with a 5.25" BS. I have done the offset hangers. Darts have fenderwell problems.

My rears are 17x8 and a 5.25 BS. Stock A Body 8-3/4 with 5x4.5 Dutchman axles. Have used both 11x2" drums and now Dr Diff 11.625 rear discs. I use a 245/45/17. Springs in stock location, no tub, and rolled inners with a rear sway bar. Its tight.

Offsets are what I found to be difficult. Everything is Zero offset or very minor negative or positive offset in wheels that I liked.

I got my wheels here:

Wheelsforless- American Racing Wheels - Ridler - U.S. Mags - Moto Metal - XD Series - Fuel Off-Road

My rears are 17x8 and a 5.25 BS. Stock A Body 8-3/4 with 5x4.5 Dutchman axles. Have used both 11x2" drums and now Dr Diff 11.625 rear discs. I use a 245/45/17. Springs in stock location, no tub, and rolled inners with a rear sway bar. Its tight.

Offsets are what I found to be difficult. Everything is Zero offset or very minor negative or positive offset in wheels that I liked.

I got my wheels here:

Wheelsforless- American Racing Wheels - Ridler - U.S. Mags - Moto Metal - XD Series - Fuel Off-Road

I have the stock wheels lips but made it up with the offset spring hangers. Your wheels look great. Think I'll look around on their site. Thanks

I suspect that a 15x8 with 5 1/4 bs is gonna be kinda hard to find. If that vision gold has the right specs, i could see going that way. They look like a new version of the old Hurst wheels, kinda period correct.
Id definately go with the gold, i personally dont like black wheels much.

I suspect that a 15x8 with 5 1/4 bs is gonna be kinda hard to find. If that vision gold has the right specs, i could see going that way. They look like a new version of the old Hurst wheels, kinda period correct.
Id definately go with the gold, i personally dont like black wheels much.

I agree but now they are discontinued but still on their site. Aggravating

-
Back