Upgrading my front suspension in my 1965 Dodge Dart

-

amoparlady

Reaction score
I am upgrading the front suspension in my 1965 Dodge Dart.Went with the Magnum Force set up.I have the stock set up in it and the K frame is not in good shape in several spots.Shotty welds in certain areas done by the previous person are broken.Did order it this morning.Since I will be pulling the 318 replacing that with a 360 and the transmission out,time to do this when they are out.Found it is easy to put in,bolts in where the stock set up bolted in.

Oh boy.

Unfortunately Magnumforce has a pretty poor history, with previous failures and not the best reputation for customer service. There are other coil over conversions available from manufacturers with a much better track record and customer service reputation, like the HDK from @HemiDenny or the RMS from Reilly Motorsports. Both “bolt in” in place of the original suspension.

And to be fair, a lot of the factory K frames had fairly poor welds straight from the factory. Welding them up and reinforcing them is a pretty common thing to do, and can be done for much less than the cost of a full coil over conversion.

There are a lot of options out there to deal with the issues you described, including full coil over conversions, but I would have to say of all of them Magnumforce is probably the least popular option.

I’m sure magnum force has fixed the issues they’ve had. The photos I’ve seen of magnum force failures are over a decade ago.

I’m sure magnum force has fixed the issues they’ve had. The photos I’ve seen of magnum force failures are over a decade ago.

Sure, they completely redesigned their entire product, that’s true.

And yet, how many glowing reviews of their new products have you seen here? The only place I’ve ever seen the new Magnumforce conversions on an actual car not on the Magnumforce website is on cars for sale on eBay by classic dealers.

I said they had a poor history, and they do. And quite frankly, I don’t see anyone on the internet singing their praises, quite the opposite usually. So, yeah, I remain very skeptical. The other coil over conversion sellers have lots of reviews, all very positive.

If I was ever going to do a coil over conversion, MagnumForce would not be my first, second, third or even fourth choice. There’s that many options from established businesses with good reviews and proven products.

If someone here has a MagnumForce suspension on their car, they’re more than welcome to chime in with their experience and feedback. I’ve done business with MagnumForce on a couple of their non-coil over products, and while that was fine there’s no way I’d spend thousands of dollars there.

I am upgrading the front suspension in my 1965 Dodge Dart.Went with the Magnum Force set up.I have the stock set up in it and the K frame is not in good shape in several spots.Shotty welds in certain areas done by the previous person are broken.Did order it this morning.Since I will be pulling the 318 replacing that with a 360 and the transmission out,time to do this when they are out.Found it is easy to put in,bolts in where the stock set up bolted in.
Was there a question you were thinking of in here?

Hope it all works well

Sure, they completely redesigned their entire product, that’s true.

And yet, how many glowing reviews of their new products have you seen here? The only place I’ve ever seen the new Magnumforce conversions on an actual car not on the Magnumforce website is on cars for sale on eBay by classic dealers.

I said they had a poor history, and they do. And quite frankly, I don’t see anyone on the internet singing their praises, quite the opposite usually. So, yeah, I remain very skeptical. The other coil over conversion sellers have lots of reviews, all very positive.

If I was ever going to do a coil over conversion, MagnumForce would not be my first, second, third or even fourth choice. There’s that many options from established businesses with good reviews and proven products.

If someone here has a MagnumForce suspension on their car, they’re more than welcome to chime in with their experience and feedback. I’ve done business with MagnumForce on a couple of their non-coil over products, and while that was fine there’s no way I’d spend thousands of dollars there.
I agree I wouldn’t pick magnum force as my first choice. But sounded like the OP already had chosen it. I was just being optimistic that they have fixed their issues. I agree I do see magnum force on cars on eBay and also graveyard cars.

I don’t know if you’d call replacing on a 65 Dart Bilstein RCD shocks on the front (and rear), a Helwig 1 and 1/4 sway bar, PST 1.03 torsion bars, Steer and Gear rebuilt power steering box (and pump) to modern feel specs, solid tie rod links with C body tie rod ends, Moog offset UCA bushings, NOS Pitman and Idler arms, new rubber LCA bushings and if it matters 73/76 A body disc brakes (all new parts) an upgrade or not. Either way all tried and true factory designed front end that should last another 50 years

-
Back