Upper A-Arm. Left or Right, does it matter?

-

3yearcuda

Reaction score
I have swapped to disc brakes in my 69 Barracuda. All is installed and when I bolted the new 4.5" bolt pattern wheel on, it sits offset, too far forward, very visible and rubs the front of the fender when turning. Could I have the the upper a arms on the wrong sides? Will a front end alignment/adjustment correct this? Has anyone experienced this after the swap? Thanks for your help.

yes there is a specific left and right hand side. mine are marked from mpb but not sure if factory ones are. keep in mind too that left is drivers and right is passenger like if your sitting in the car.

i think it would be really obvious if they were on the wrong side. wouldn the ball joint sit really uneven?

I have swapped to disc brakes in my 69 Barracuda. All is installed and when I bolted the new 4.5" bolt pattern wheel on, it sits offset, too far forward, very visible and rubs the front of the fender when turning. Could I have the the upper a arms on the wrong sides? Will a front end alignment/adjustment correct this? Has anyone experienced this after the swap? Thanks for your help.

This is the passenger side arm.

DSCN1051.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. I do have them on the right way. I cant figure out why the wheel seems to sit so far forward in the fender well. I had my K-member out so thought that maybe it was too far forward, but there is no adjusting it. I adjusted the fenders after body work was completed but not so much as to throw them too far back. I'm hoping during alignment that the cam bolts can move enough that the front can adjust out and rear adjust in enough to centre the spindle in the centre of the wheel well.

Loosen the front upper cam bolt and roll it all the way positive "out at the top". Snug it up. Then roll the rear cam bolt all the way negative "in at the top". Do that to both sides and then set the car back down and see if it looks better. This will give you the maximum positive caster. Hope this helps....

If it looks okay after this, then yes an alignment should take care of it.

-
Back