upper control arm bushing spacer thing?

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
Replaced bushings on my upper control arms and on one bushing on each control arms was a spacer thing, it was either on both front or both rear bushings(not sure which it is, cause I'm not sure which control arm is which side). Just wondered what the spacer thingee is, and is it important, and should there just be the two. I did put them back on. They are about 3/4 long rings, go on the inside of the control arm on the bushing.

There is no spacer, unless you are talking about the outer shell of the bushings, and they are not separate

WHAT ARE we workin' on here?

Studebaker?

Hudson Hornet?

Crosley?

Attachments

• upper.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 252
  • tool.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 252
Replaced bushings on my upper control arms and on one bushing on each control arms was a spacer thing, it was either on both front or both rear bushings(not sure which it is, cause I'm not sure which control arm is which side). Just wondered what the spacer thingee is, and is it important, and should there just be the two. I did put them back on. They are about 3/4 long rings, go on the inside of the control arm on the bushing.

No he is right. I have noticed on some UCA's that they had a outer steel sleeve on one of the bushings. Why I'm not sure. I hink this was done on 340 cars but I'm not sure. I just knocked the bushings out of a Pair of LBJ UCA that had one on each arm. But I never have reinstalled them.

There is no spacer, unless you are talking about the outer shell of the bushings, and they are not separate

WHAT ARE we workin' on here?

Studebaker?

Hudson Hornet?

Crosley?

That is what I was refering to. Thanks, a picture paints a thousand words.

Some new bushing pairs will include 4 ferruled washers inner and outer.
If there is room for them why not use them ? I dont know.

-
Back