Upper hose issue

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey gang. I'll been work alot recently, so this may sound stupid, but that's my current mental stage with the lack of sleep.

Upper rad hose collapses , I noticed after driving it some.

Electric fan just quit and the issue seem to have gotten worse.

WHY!?

Thanks in advance signed the very tired fish.

(Back to work...........again..........)

Gauge runs dead center (Stock gauges) and will only exceed this if 70+ MPH is maintained. (No shroud) I just removed the A/C condensor since I do not run/have the A/C set up and running.

I felt that the A/C condensor was "In the way" of some airflow.

any update on this?

it'll be of a very good help to me. thanks.

Update? Well, not exactly. When my Perma cool fan craped out, I replaced the fan with a summit fan and shround combo that took a little massage to fit. Then, as a matter of fact, 2 days ago, while testing the massaged fit , the temp sensor craped out on me. So the fan wasn't turning on at all.

Temp gauge nearly pegged by the time I got home and the upper hose was gurrgling and colapsed.I'll order up a temp sensor later. More important fish to catch first.

The only thing that is OK now, the weather took a bit of a drop into the low 70's for a daytime high. (At best.) The cabin's heater can cool the car at this point. On top of that, I work nights so it's cool when I go and cool when I return.

I'll post up some pictures in a few days or so and letcha all know what's going on. I'll get a new stat and see if it helps. I don't think that is it, but, for the price......LOL!

Get a spring from another radiator hose and install it in the upper hose

I remember back a couple months ago another member was having the same problem. I don't know if he solved his or not but there was a lot of response to it.

-
Back