Upper Radiator Hose Small Block Six Pack

-

JD Erisman

Reaction score
Has anyone found an upper radiator hose, driver’s side rad. intake, that is taller than the stock small block hose before it makes the bend towards the radiator? I need a hose that is taller, and straight, as it rises from the thermostat housing to provide easier access to the front carb’s idle mixture screws. The stock hose height places the it directly in front of the driver’s side mixture screw. Any suggesting of a hose, taller or with a different angle as it bends toward the rad intake, would be appreciated.
Is anyone with a small block six pack in their A body using a hose that doesn’t affect access to either front mixture screw?

Thanks for any help.

A picture of your issue and what you currently have would be nice, but here is my suggestion:
Use an offset thermostat housing, like this one on RockAuto for '70 Dart with AC:
1692883287993.png

More Information for FOUR SEASONS 84805
Then you can use a simple 90* upper radiator hose that stays well out of the way.
1692883484061.png

More Information for CONTINENTAL 60859

Under $25 and you're done.

Can someone help me out. Cannot read number. 28602?
It looks like Gates 20602. That's the same hose listed for '68 340 cars with A/C. Here's a view from the front. You can see it's needed to clear the compressor.
100_0598.JPG

Professor Fate and 72 Dart6Pack, thank you both for the help ! I like both ideas. 72Dart, does that hose give you good access to both mixture screws?
Thanks to all.

I didn't know how many people run Six Packs in A bodys. A 408 is not a easy combo for a Six Pack. Ask me how I know :)

I didn't know how many people run Six Packs in A bodys.
I think there are lots of the sixpacks out there. They had a resurgence in I think, the 90's? A bodys are the perfect car for them to go in. They are usually setup to run OOTB with minor tuning. People go down rabbit holes with them though by changing out parts. Once setup properly they're a blast!

-
Back