Urgent! How do I remove steering link?

-
remove cotter key...remove nut...get BFH and pickel fork...swing away

With a pickle fork and a big f*ckin hammer. Usually just have to separate the drivers side inner tie rod from the center link and the steering box pitman arm. Pull center link over towards passenger side install header, pull link back to center through header and hook the pitman arm up and the inner tie rod.

I never use a pickle fork anymore. There are just too many inexpensive front-end, tapered joint separating devices available. Grab one at Harbor Freight, slip it on, twist the bolt, and tap the side of the joint with a hammer. Pop, it comes apart with the rubber seal intact. Pickle forks and large hammers will ruin your rubber seals every time.

Sometimes, I just flip the nut over on the joint, screw it down so that it is flush, and smack it squarely with a hammer. If they've been off recently, they usually pop right then.

if they have been on there for awhile...they will probably need the boots replaced anyway.

done this many times - just gotta be careful that you do hit it square
Sometimes, I just flip the nut over on the joint, screw it down so that it is flush, and smack it squarely with a hammer. If they've been off recently, they usually pop right then.

-
Back