-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullethead

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need two of them please. Was tearing down the rearend and chunks were missing from both hex adjusters. I have contacted all of the usual places to include Yukon Gear and Axle and nobody has stock. Yukon doesn't expect to have any until February. My current alternatives are 1) buy a $550 wrecking yard axle as a donor and hope that the adjusters are good or 2) consider machining some from scratch. I believe 8 1/4 ones are compatible but not certain. If you know of a source other than Summit, Jegs, Yukon, and about a dozen others, please let me know.
Thanks kindly.
Ben
aka Bullethead or Grumpy.

IMG_3516.JPG

IMG_3518.JPG

IMG_3517.JPG

I have one and should have the other. Will have to look for it, but not able till the weekend. If you still need the pair of them at that time message me.
PS: $500 is too much money for a used 7 1/4 rear. Also not all 7 1/4's had the adjusters, some used shims.

1973 thru 1989 - 7 1/4 and 8 1/4 adjusters are the same.
Chrysler part # 3507876.

I have one and should have the other. Will have to look for it, but not able till the weekend. If you still need the pair of them at that time message me.
PS: $500 is too much money for a used 7 1/4 rear. Also not all 7 1/4's had the adjusters, some used shims.
Great! Thank you very much.
1973 thru 1989 - 7 1/4 and 8 1/4 adjusters are the same.
Chrysler part # 3507876.
Thanks!

Rain has stopped hear so I should be able to check and get a couple pictures

Thanks Mike!
@Charrlie_S is also checking. Really appreciate you guys speaking up.
Mike,
I'm interested in having a backup set. So let me know what you think about it. You can see the dimensions in the pics I posted. Thank you again very much.
Rain has stopped hear so I should be able to check and get a couple pictures
Cool. Thanks Mike.

Just want all to know that Charlie came through for me on the hex adjusters. So KUDOS to CHARLIE and FABO on helping a brother out of a bind. By the way, Charlie is a great storyteller. I really enjoyed visiting with him on the phone last week. Thanks again Charlie!

Glad you were able to get this sorted out. So often these axles just get scrapped, as I was planning to do with mine once it's out. Now I probably won't!

Please mark the ad as "Found". Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back