US A Body steering shaft

-

sydcuda

Reaction score
Hey all,

Can anyone provide some pics of an A body steering shaft? In my 68 cuda I'm using an Australian A body steering shaft which is modified with a female splined end to accept a brand X intermediate shaft coupling. I'm running this with my right hand drive rack and pinion set up. I had to go this route because the Aus steering shafts dont have a splined lower end (ie. a steering rag coupling is attached to the bottom part of the shaft).

But I understand that the US shafts do have a splined lower end? In that case I may be able to go with Flaming River couplings (to the US steering shaft and rack and pinion) with an intermediate shaft cut to length. This would be the better and ideal set-up, all things considered.

I hope all this makes some sense. What I'm really asking is for a pic of the US steering shaft and a spline count for the bottom end. Also steering shafts differ as between manual and power steering - I think the manual shaft is longer? So an idea of the respective steering shaft lengths (manual and power) would assist me in determining which shaft I could run with my steering set up.

Any help greatly appreciated!

-
Back